20 Most Recent
Questions & Answers
Ac will not woork
It is the AC control modular the part on the dash that has the controls on it take that off and send it in the link on eBay and the rebuild it for $100 and mail it back to you and everything works fine
on Feb 10, 2019
Changing a oil pan for a 95 grand marquis
Just loosen oil plug and drain...take out pan bolts... drop down...make sure alt gasket material is off of both pan and bottom of motor. Lay new gasket on oil pan...possibly use gasket sealer to keep gasket in place...a very thin layer on oil pan then put gasket on. Let dry for a bit then bolt back up...make sure oil plug is back in then refill....cheers!
on Dec 12, 2016
Install 1995 mercury grand marquis fuel pum
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
Fuel injection systems remain under pressure, even after the engine has been turned OFF. The fuel system pressure must be relieved before disconnecting any fuel lines. Failure to do so may result in fire and/or personal injury.
- If equipped with air suspension, the air suspension switch, located on the right-hand side of the luggage compartment, must be turned to the OFF position before raising the vehicle.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Relieve fuel system pressure using the recommended procedure.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the fuel tank from the vehicle and place on a suitable work bench.
- Remove any dirt that has accumulated around the fuel pump retaining flange so it will not enter the tank during pump removal and installation.
- On 1989-94 models, turn the fuel pump locking ring counterclockwise and remove the locking ring.
- On 1995-98 models, remove 6 retaining bolts around the perimeter of the fuel pump module.
- Remove the fuel pump/sending unit assembly. Remove and discard the seal ring.
- Clean the fuel pump mounting flange, fuel tank mounting surface and seal ring groove.
- Apply a light coating of grease on a new seal ring to hold it in place during assembly and install in the seal ring groove.
- Install the fuel pump/sending unit assembly carefully to ensure the filter is not damaged. Make sure the locating keys are in the keyways and the seal ring remains in the groove.
- Hold the pump assembly in place and install the locking ring finger-tight. Make sure all the locking tabs are under the tank lock ring tabs.
- Rotate the locking ring clockwise until the ring is against the stops.
- Install the fuel tank into the vehicle.
- Lower the vehicle.
- If equipped with air suspension, turn the air suspension switch to the ON position.
- Add a minimum of 10 gallons of fuel to the tank and check for leaks.
- Reconnect the negative battery cable.
- Turn the ignition switch to the RUN position several times to pressurize the fuel system. Check for fuel leaks and correct as necessary.
- Start the engine and check for leaks.
- Road test the vehicle and check for proper operation.
on Nov 22, 2015
Not finding what you are looking for?