20 Most Recent
- Page 3 Questions & Answers
Can you help with multiple electrical issues??
This vehicle is equipped with the BOSCH 5.3 antilock braking system.
The vehicle is equipped with the following braking systems:
• Antilock Brake System (ABS)
• Dynamic Rear Proportioning (DRP)
• Traction Control System (ETS) (w/NW7)
• Traction Control System (TCS) (w/NW9)
• Vehicle stability enhancement system (VSES)
You need to have vehicle checked for DTC'S diagnostic trouble codes , do you know what they are ? The traction control , ABS an stability control are all a function of the electronic brake control system .It also seams the power steering is controlled by the Antilock brake system.The Magnasteer® is controlled through the ABS module and varies the torque by adjusting the current flow through the actuator.
Your best place to start would be to have ABS module scanned for DTC'S . Codes would point you in right diagnostic direction .
The following components are involved in the operation of the above systems:
• Electronic Brake Control Module (EBCM), The EBCM controls the system functions and detects failures.
The EBCM contains the following components:
- System Relay, The system relay is energized when the ignition is ON and no ABS DTCs are present. It supplies battery positive voltage to the solenoid valves and pump motor.
- Vent Tube, The vent tube, located in the EBCM, is an opening to the internal cavity of the EBCM. It allows ventilation of the EBCM internals.
• Brake Pressure Modulator Valve (BPMV), The BPMV contains the hydraulic valves and pump motor that are controlled electrically by the EBCM. The BPMV uses a 4 circuit configuration with a diagonal split. The BPMV directs fluid from the reservoir of the master cylinder to the left front and right rear wheels and fluid from the other reservoir to the right front and left rear wheels. The diagonal circuits are hydraulically isolated so that a leak or malfunction in one circuit will allow continued braking ability on the other.
on Mar 01, 2016
2005 pontiac blowing warm air
This could be the blend door on the heater. It is stuck on the wrong position because it is not fully in the heating mode. I certainly hope that no one changed all those parts without checking the mode and blend doors first.
on Feb 05, 2016
No windshield washer fluid
it will be either blown fuse for windscreen washer or the motor for pumping water is stuffed which is common buy replacement from any auto store or direct from your vehicle manufacturer for original parts
on Oct 22, 2015
Not finding what you are looking for?