20 Most Recent
- Page 9 Questions & Answers
MY CAR WONT SHIFT OUT
It could be several things.. It could be the modulator.. That is what tells it when to shift and is controlled by both electronic and vacuum..
It could be a bad vacuum line..
If you are not really technical and have experience - it makes allot of sense to bring it to a trani shop.. Allot of them will offer free estimates..
on Sep 19, 2009
Want to replace batt. on
Replacing the battery of a Jetta is different than most cars.
- Under the hood look for a plastic cover with a light bulb picture on it, located between the battery case and the front grill. It has 4 screws that needs to be unscrewed. You would notice 2 pieces, in some cases you may have to remove both.
- To separate the 2 pieces, twist it slightly and move one piece up and the other down.
- Unscrew the large bolt on the middle front of the battery casing.
- Have the metal piece that holds the battery removed.
- Remove the battery but keep in mind that at its back it is being held by a plastic lip piece. The new one needs to slide under it.
To put the new one in, do above in reverse.
on Aug 17, 2009
The turbowork for a while
thank you for using fixya.
the code is all about over boost, try resetting the ECU by removing the battery terminals and touchingthe positive lead(red wire) to the negative battery post. It mightspark a little, this is just the capacitors discharging, resetting yourECU and starting over. It's like restarting your personal computer
else, you may want to refer to the link below for more information.Volkswagen Jetta Hesitation, Loss Of Power
on Aug 02, 2009
The a/c hasn't been working
well i believe the a/c pulls quite a bit of (load) power so that may be the pulling. Your rheostat may be bad internally or your compressor may be shot like a hole in it does you reservoir have any coolant in it any more? Is there green/blue fluid on the ground/sprayed all over the hood. Is that cap in the very front of the engine (coming from coolant reservoir) on tight or loose dont open it after running it its very hot.
on Aug 11, 2008
Not finding what you are looking for?