20 Most Recent
Questions & Answers
Where is o2 sensor bank
The oxygen (O2) sensors are located in the exhaust system. There are
three O2 sensors and one Catalyst Monitor, one in each of the exhaust headers near each of the front
wheels and the third in the common exhaust pipe further back. A
special deep socket is available from any parts store to remove the
sensors. The socket has a **** down its length to accommodate the sensor
wire permanently attached. Simply disconnect the bullet connector and
unscrew the sensor.
I’m happy to help further over the phone at https://www.6ya.com/expert/jeremy_69f3cc28d95bf514
3/1/2022 9:41:04 PM •
on Mar 01, 2022
1992 ford econoline club wagon van alarm randomly activates
I have the same problem on my Chateau, Can't buy new module, probably cost a fortune anyway. Disconnect the Grey connector on the alarm control module. I left the black on on for no special reason. Your power door locks will no longer work. (I'm not sure about the horn. If it doesn't I'll do something else)
The black control module is located on side of the van about 1 foot behind the drivers seat. Remove 2 plastic push in clips and yank the panel away to gain access to the module.
2/18/2022 2:06:38 AM •
on Feb 18, 2022
Remove rear headrest, 1996 Ford Explorer
Below the oval plastic cover, push down the fabric and cushion, you should find a circlip/exterior cotter pin that will slide to the driver/passenger side. You need to remove this from both posts and headrest will slide up and out of seat. Be patient, they can be hard to see and or remove. A flat screwdriver or needle nose pliers may be useful. Good luck!
4/26/2021 8:45:06 PM •
on Apr 26, 2021
1996 Ford Explorer The starter spins but won't
i know this might seem like a pain but remove your starter again and test it with jumper cables to see if the pinion drive extends and rotates if it doesnt then your starter is defective
8/24/2019 11:10:43 PM •
on Aug 24, 2019
I have residual current draw on 1996 Ford
When checking a draw you have to wait to check till all modules have powered down including Gem module. This can take up to 30 min. Specs are 50 ma draw. To check get you a test light take off the postitive cable, " you can also use a meter", now you have to put the light in series withe the battery and cable. Clamp one side of test light to battery cable the other side to battery post WITH CABLE OFF THE WHOLE TIME. Now if you open doors turn any switches you will have to restart your 30min. then you can check and see if unplugging module, if that fixed problem. what we do is open the doors before, then take a screw driver and close the door latch so that you can get in and out of the car without turning something on
3/15/2019 4:51:44 PM •
on Mar 15, 2019
Windshield wipers only work on high and they don't
Try this pinpoint test.
PINPOINT TEST B: WINDSHIELD WIPERS INOPERATIVE OR ERRATIC ON LOW, HIGH SPEED WORKS
B1 CHECK WIPER OPERATION
* Run wipers on High.
* Do wipers hesitate when passing through the PARK position?
GO to B2 .
GO to B4 .
B2 CHECK WIPER MOTOR GROUND
* Check motor ground at motor connector and mounting screws.
* Is motor ground OK?
GO to B3.
SERVICE wiring at motor connector or tighten mounting screws to improve ground.
B3 CHECK WIPER MOTOR
* Perform wiper motor current draw test in high speed.
* Is current draw OK?
GO to B4.
SERVICE windshield wiper motor as required.
B4 CHECK WINDSHIELD WIPER GOVERNOR
* Set wiper switch in LOW.
* Unplug governor connector. Check for battery voltage at Circuit 993 (BR/W) and ground at Circuit 57 (BK).
* Are both circuits OK?
GO to B7 .
GO to B5 .
B5 CHECK GROUND CIRCUIT
* Check Circuit 57 (BK) for open.
* Is circuit OK?
GO to B6 .
SERVICE for open circuit.
B6 CHECK WIPER SWITCH
* Check Circuit 993 (BR/W) voltage at wiper switch.
* Is voltage present?
SERVICE for open Circuit 993 between windshield wiper governor and wiper switch.
SERVICE wiper switch.
B7 CHECK CIRCUIT 58 (W)
* Reconnect windshield wiper governor to main wiring .
* Unplug wiper motor connector.
* With wiper switch at LOW, check Circuit 58 (W) for battery voltage at the windshield wiper motor .
* Is voltage present?
CHECK for malfunctioning windshield wiper motor . PERFORM low speed current draw test. SERVICE windshield wiper motor as required.
GO to B8.
B8 CHECK FOR OPEN CIRCUIT
* Check for open in Circuit 58 (W) between windshield wiper governor and windshield wiper motor .
* Is circuit OK?
Replace windshield wiper governor .
SERVICE as required.
Let me know,if needed further assistance.
Hope i helped you.
Thanks for using ' Fixya ' and have a nice day!!
12/20/2018 7:32:58 PM •
on Dec 20, 2018
Heater core replacement
If it is necessary to remove the heater assembly, the cooling system must be drained before removing the heater core.
When a heater core leaks, a new heater core is installed or the old one repaired.
- The heater housing is usually under the dash and must be removed to gain access to the heater core.
- Procedures for replacing the heater core vary with the year, make, and model of car. It threfore necessary to consult the manufacturer's repair manuals for the proper procedure for replacement.
The heater housing is disassembled to get to the heater core.
- Remove the access panels(s) or the split heater/air conditioning case to gain acess to the heater core.
- Remove the heater coolant hoses.
- Remove the cable and/or vacuum control lines (if equipped).
- Remove the heater core securing brackets and/or clamps.
- Lift the core from the case. Do not use force. Take care not to damage the fins of the heater core when removing.
- To reinstall the heater core, reverse the removal steps.
When the heater core leaks and must be repaired or replaced, it is a very difficult and time-consuming job primarily because of the core's location deep within the firewall of the car. For this reason always leak test a replacement heater core before installation.
7/17/2018 7:53:12 PM •
on Jul 17, 2018
Not finding what you are looking for?