Have the vehicle checked for DTC'S - diagnostic trouble codes ! Do you know what electronic throttle control is ? The gas pedal assembly has electrical connector an sensors inside ,hooked to the PCM / ECM - engine computer . The engine computer uses these position sensors inputs to control the DC motor on the throttle body to open the throttle plate to control the speed . Plus there are position sensors inside the throttle body to input PCM/ECM to see if it's calculations are corect . Your best bet maybe to take it to a qualified repair shop .
Drive by Wire Function and diagnostics by Wells
Reduced Engine Power Mode
When the PCM detects a condition with the TAC system, the PCM may enter a reduced engine power mode. Reduced engine power may cause one or more of the following conditions:
• Acceleration limiting--The control module will continue to use the accelerator pedal for throttle control; however, the vehicle acceleration is limited.
• Limited throttle mode--The control module will continue to use the accelerator pedal for throttle control; however, the maximum throttle opening is limited.
• Throttle default mode--The control module will turn off the throttle actuator motor and the throttle will return to the spring loaded default position.
• Forced idle mode--The control module will perform the following actions:
- Limit engine speed to idle by positioning throttle position, or by controlling fuel and spark if throttle is turned off.
- Ignore accelerator pedal input.
• Engine shutdown mode--The control module will disable fuel and de-energize the throttle actuator.