20 Most Recent
1998 GMC Suburban - Page 7 Questions & Answers
My suburban was wrecked last fall (rear ended
Not that I know of. But remove one cable, and put a test light across the gap. If it lights, you have a constant drain. Then remove fuses, etc. one at a time, until it goes out.
With accidents, it is common for wires to get cut, insulation opened, alternators to get burned out by a short, etc.
So it also would not hurt to put a voltmeter across the battery to check the alternator output.
The idea is it has to be about 12.5 idle, and over 13.5 at high RPM.
4/8/2010 10:05:01 PM •
on Apr 08, 2010
Problem for GMC 1998 Suburban DIESEL DIES while
there is water in the fuel, there should be a fuel water seperator in the engine compartment, look in your owners manual and it should tell you the steps to drain the water from it, it should take a few minutes
3/21/2010 12:50:41 AM •
on Mar 21, 2010
Changed fuel filter and now it wont start,,,how
You may have air in the injecter pump.You need to crack the lines loose at the top of the injecters.Just loosen as many as you can reatch.Back them off about 1-1 1/2 turns of the nut.Crank until you see the dielel squirting out without bubbles and re-tighten them individualy as the air is bleed out.When changing fuel filters try and fill them with disel as high as you can and then try to manualy prime the system while opening the bleeder valves.Well hope this helps and good luck.
3/14/2010 5:53:41 AM •
on Mar 14, 2010
Stater cranks over and will not start had celonoid
The starter is doing its job if motor is turning. To fire an engine you need fuel and spark, You can remove a fuel line near the delivery to the intake, get a gas proof container, like a mayo jar, and try key for a few seconds, fuel should come out pretty good.
To check spark, remove one spark plug wire, put within 1/4 inch of some metal around engine (I don't recommend holding on to it) Try key again, you should see a blue colored spark jumping to metal. It usually makes a zapping sound.
If you have fuel and spark then it becomes a timing issue and in some instances a compression issue. At this point you have to have more automotive knowledge to figure it out. Good luck!
3/12/2010 2:38:58 AM •
on Mar 12, 2010
1997 Chevy Tahoe Moisture in the distributor Cap
I have the same problem. I punched the screens all the way though that are down in the distributor. This did not correct the problem but it did slow it down. Now I only have to change the cap ever few months. I don't leave home without a spare cap.
1/26/2010 1:45:21 PM •
on Jan 26, 2010
Drivers door window won't roll up
You need to remove the inner door panel and see what happened inside the door. It sounds as if the regulator may of went bad or broke and needs to be replaced.
12/12/2009 7:17:18 PM •
on Dec 12, 2009
Just changed fuel pump on 1998 Suburban. Vehicle
did you check the fuel pump relay and made sure all of the wires on top of the tank is good and plug in if all fails stop by your local library and get your hands on a Haynes auto repair manual for your SUV i also like to give you this information they sells only GM-parts its Schram auto & truck parts 1-800-292-1032 and they website is www.schramauto.com
wish you the best of luck Michigan Man.
12/11/2009 9:37:00 PM •
on Dec 11, 2009
How to replace the high beam bulb on a 98 GMC
Headlamp Bulb: Service and Repair
1. Make sure the headlamp switch is in the OFF position.
CAUTION: Halogen bulbs contain gas under pressure. Handling a bulb improperly could cause it to shatter into flying glass fragments.
To help avoid personal injury:
- Turn off the lamp switch and allow the bulb to cool before changing the bulb. Leave the lamp switch off until the bulb change is
- Always wear eye protection when changing a halogen bulb.
- Handle the bulb only by its base. Avoid touching the glass.
- Do not drop or scratch the bulb.
- Keep dirt and moisture off the bulb.
- Place the used bulb in the new bulb's carton and dispose of it properly.
- Keep halogen bulbs out of the reach of children
NOTE: Avoid touching the bulb or letting the bulb come in contact with anything damp. Oil from your skin or moisture on the bulb can cause
the bulb to explode when the bulb is turned on. It either comes in contact with the bulb, clean the bulb with alcohol or a suitable degreaser and
wipe the bulb dry.
2. Remove the bulbs from the headlamp capsules by reaching from the engine compartment and by twisting the bulb counterclockwise.
3. Remove the 2 long screws from the top of the radiator support.
4. Pull forward the headlamp assembly (3).
5. Disconnect the electrical connector (2) from the burned out bulb assembly (1).
- Replace a high beam bulb with another high beam bulb. The high beam bulb has a red gasket.
- Replace a low beam bulb with another low beam bulb. The low beam bulb has a gray tip and a yellow gasket at the base.
1. Install the new bulb assembly (1) into the headlamp assembly (3).
Twist clockwise the bulb assembly.
2. Seat the bulb assembly with the connector facing down.
3. Connect the electrical connector (2) to the bulb assembly.
4. Install the headlamp assembly.
5. Install the 2 long screws through the top of the radiator support.
6. Tighten the screws.
10/30/2009 9:32:06 PM •
on Oct 30, 2009
Not finding what you are looking for?