20 Most Recent
- Page 2 Questions & Answers
1998 corvette c5 has miss at idle
Try cleaning your Mass air flow sensor. When the MAF sensor gets dirty, it can cause your engine to run slightly lean and make sure your engine is running at normal operating temperature with a good thermostat.
At idle, if the MAF is slightly dirty and giving the wrong signal to the PCM. There is a good chance that your engine have a lean condition enough to cause it to have a miss. It's may just be in the perimeters that it will not set a check "service engine light" on, but will cause it to miss.
Start with that and post us back, be glad to help and thank you for using fixya.
on Jul 25, 2012
Need to change the transmission fluid in my 98 corvette
to change your tranny fluid and filter is relativily easy i will tell you step by step here.
1. raise the vehicle and support it with jack stands
2. get a large drain pan
3. locate the transmission oil pand and losen all the bolts removing the rear half of the bolts only and just losening the other bolts to keep the pan held up but allowing it to sag on the rear.
4 be carefull because in this step your likely to get a bath in tranny fluid. insert a flat srewdriver in the back of the pan and carefully pry it lose. now trany fluid is going to pour out of the pan.
5. remove the rest of the bolts be carefull because the trany pan still has a lot of fluid in it.
6. grab ahold of the filter and pull it down.
7. insert the new filter but make sure the rubber gasket came offf with the old filter they have a tendency to stick in the transmission.
8 replace oil pan and torque down evenly
9 refill with correct fluid to the correct level
10 take for a drive and recheck the fluid level and check for transmission fluid leaks
ps when the pan is off clean the inside of it out with brake cleaner really good
If there are no leaks after you get done congratulate your self on a job well done
hope this helps you
please rate me
on Nov 07, 2011
Not finding what you are looking for?