2008 Chev Suburban 4wd Z71 1/2 ton; several items
Power windows an locks work ok ? Do you know anything about automotive electeronic control modules ?
Power Mirror System
Power Mirror System Components
The power mirror system consists of the following components:
• Driver Door Switch (DDS)--An electronic control module with integrated switches and requires programming when replaced
• Passenger Door Switch (PDS)--An electronic control module with integrated switches, requires programming when replaced
• Power Mirror Direction Switch--Integrated into DDS and is a 4 position momentary switch that provides a signal input to the DDS for up, down, left/extend and right/retract with a mirror switch activation
• Mirror Select Switch--Integrated into DDS and is a 3 position switch that allows the operator to select the left or right mirror and also a neutral/fold position
• Left Outside Power Mirror--Contains both the vertical and horizontal mirror motors
• Right Outside Power Mirror--Contains both the vertical and horizontal mirror motors
• Body Control Module--An electronic control module that requires programming when replaced, serves as the power mode master and is the main message handler
• Memory Switch, if equipped with memory mirrors--Supplied power by the DDS and provides a voltage signal to the DDS upon a switch activation
• Horizontal and Vertical Position Sensors, if equipped with memory mirrors--Supplied a 5-volt and low reference by the DDS/PDS and provide a variable voltage signal to the DDS/PDS that is proportional to mirror position
• Powertrain Control Module (PCM), if equipped with memory mirrors--An electronic control module that requires programming when replaced and provides the message indicating transmission gear selection
• Driver Information Center (DIC), if equipped with memory mirrors--Part of the instrument cluster which is a an electronic control module that requires programming when replaced and is used to personalize the memory recall functions
• Fold Motor, in each of the outside mirrors, if equipped with power fold mirrors--Provides extend and retract movements of the mirror and is serviced as a complete mirror assembly
Each of the outside power mirrors contains 2 reversible motors to provide horizontal and vertical movement of the mirror glass. The vertical motor operates the up and down directions and the horizontal motor operates the left and right directions. If equipped with power folding mirrors, each outside power mirror will contain a reversible fold motor to operate the extend and retract functions. Each of the mirror motors are circuit breaker protected.
Do you know what DTC'S - diagnostic trouble codes are ?
The driver door switch (DDS) and front passenger door switch (PDS) each contain switches that control power door lock and window functions. The DDS also contains the control switch for the power outside rear view mirrors. These switches are integrated within the door control modules and are not serviceable as separate components. The DDS and PDS monitor these switch inputs for internal faults and set B1023 00 if any are detected.
You could have any number of problems an without testing , hooking up a scanner that can check DTC'S in the door module ,electrical circuit testing etc... we'd only be guessing . Your best bet mite be to take it to a qualified repair shop.
on Feb 15, 2018