nice double post, one, Anon and one Caroline.
bulk head, (wow , a naval term) there are 2 fuse boxes.
cab(drivers cabin) and hood (bonnet)
this is a USA forum and we dont have that light. not here.
are you in UK? or Australia.? be smart to say, so we can read the
correct books for your country. big time issue that.
what engine, there G16? H20? I4 and V6 respective.
the operators guide is lost , right? cant read it?
so let me do your car best I can , no books, (but helped many outside USA) Immobilizer is not here.
All fuses good, front and cab. (tested.)
i turn on head lights , the work and are bright , i tune them off.
- key on CEL glows (check engine light, it must) flashing??
- The IMMO light if opted must be happy. (lamp actions>?)
- above ok, i crank, and it cranks fast but will not start.
- I then check for spark on all cylinders. is it good?
- yes, then try test fuel(ask) does test fuel run for 3 seconds
- yes but dies in 3second, that means fueling issues, (ask)
- beyond this point , is complex and takes tool, got them? willing to buy them or just want wild guessing??????
the only 97 IMMO ive seen is:
CEL flashing rapidly. (no pattern)
and with scan tool or using the DLC jumper wire.
you get 8x codes
All 8x codes, are serial link SDL, errors or bad IMMOBILIZER (or key) seen on cars outside USA. I do not have any FSM for cars outside USA.
that is all I have on IMMO, the flash trick.
the IMMO will shut down the ECU/PCM and no fuel flows.
I have no 97 oper guide for UK so can not wax smart there.
so get one if you do have the crazy option.
the DLC diagnositic jumper is here.
place the jumper and read out the CEL flash codes
see this photo. it covers all years, suzuki, for IMMO
i recommend buying a real operators guide so you know
which each lamp means, and what to do .?