20 Most Recent
Questions & Answers
How to program key fob for 2011 hyundai santa fe
Nonsense. I just programmed a new remote start fob on my 2011 Santa Fee limited and it worked just great. Follow the steps below and see what happens.
1. Open the drivers side door
2. Turn the Vehicle ignition to the ON position (Do not start the vehicle)
3. Locate the disarm/program button. (look closely, it is located on the wiring harness just inside the lower dash. it could be located just inside the fuse cover.)
4. Press and hold the disarm/programming button for 10 to 15 sewconds, the horm will beep 3 times. Release the disarm/programming button.
5. On the fob, press the Find/Panic button One time and the horn will beep one time.
6. Turn off vehicle ignition. (YOUR DONE)
on Mar 14, 2020
Hyundai Santa Fe (2011; diesel; automatic) will not start sometimes. Help, please.
If the starter is dragging from abusive hard starts, starter damage is possible.....If cranking speed is below 9 RPMs a Diesel will not start.....Also there must be a pre-heat or Glo-Plug function for cold starts....Check Glo-Plug Relay and Glo-Plug connections....Theses connections are hi-amp and must be tight......A last resort for cold starting is the use of Starting Fluid or Either.....Locate the Air Intake Box (Where the Air Filter is Housed).....Lightly Fog the Intake housing with the Starting Fluid and try cranking the engine.....Do this quickly or the Starting Fluid will evaporate before entering the Engine......Be careful not to over spray due to a hydro-lock and explosion hazard.....Do not over heat the starter, let it rest a minute then repeat spraying the air box procedure.......Be careful not to over work the starter...........
on Mar 27, 2019
How do i change the language to english on santa fe 2011
I'm assuming you're referring to the Bluetooth settings of the vehicle. Here's how to change language settings:1. Turn the vehicle's ignition on (no need to start engine) and turn the radio on with the volume at an audible level.
2. Press and hold the TALK switch until the Radio displays the message "Please Wait". The Hyundai Bluetooth system will reply in the currently used language that it is changing to the next language.
Note: The languages cycles between English, Canadian French, US Spanish, and back to English.
3. When complete, the radio display switches back to the radio.
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 for the next language selection.
on Jan 31, 2019
3.5L V6. Why does oil pressure light turn on intermittently?
1. As a basic measure I would make sure the correct grade and spec oil is going in the engine. You can no longer trust that a local mechanic or even a dealer service center will necessarily use the required product as stipulated by the manufacturer. It is always better to buy and supply your own so you know the correct product is being used.
2. I would not assume there is a problem with the oil pressure warning light even though there could be.
The first thing the mechanic should have done when you reported the oil pressure issue is to hook up an independent mechanical oil pressure gauge and check oil pressure when the engine is hot at different RPMs. Any oil pressure issue will usually show up at idle when the engine has been warmed up properly and the engine oil is hot (unless you have some kind of intermittent oil pressure relief valve that is sticking). Just replacing parts without actually knowing what the oil pressures are at different RPMs is being sloppy and negligent.
This is what you need to do now. Contact a business that can hook up their own pressure gauge to your engine and have them check the oil pressure readings at various RPMs when the engine is fully warm. If there is a low oil pressure issue it will show up on the oil pressure gauge. As you have a new oil pump there should be no issue now with oil volume or a sticking oil pressure relief valve which on your engine should be part of the oil pump assembly.
3. Worn engines will not be able to sustain required oil pressures. Oil pressure is not produced by the oil pump. The oil pump produces oil flow but the resistance to flow is what produces the oil pressure and that resistance is created by fine clearances between operating engine parts especially on the crankshaft and components connected to it. Once the engine wears the clearances increase and the oil flows past the parts much more easily and produces/builds much less pressure.
How well your engine with over 90000 miles has been maintained depends on how often all the owners changed the engine oil and filter , whether they kept the engine oil level up to full (most owners rarely ever check oil levels between services) and whether they always used the correct product. Manufacturer oil change intervals shown in service schedules can be 10000, 12000 miles or more which is much too infrequent for the type of use 95% of private vehicles experience which typically are on the severe to very severe use end of the spectrum. Engine oil typically needs to be changed at least at half the mileage shown in service books (at least twice as frequently) and thus at least every 5000 miles if you want your engine to last.
on Feb 25, 2016
Not finding what you are looking for?