old post. but ill try.for others.
no spark , by WHAT MEANS, test spark plug or DTC codes
just a clue here , really helps. no spark tell me not much.
the V6, 2.5L ???? lots of years, and some have radially different
park systems. (2.0L v6 is case in point)
ill answer for 99 GV , USA. No country stated. so.... ham strung.
now i must look up what coil pack yours has, mine has 6 COPS
would be nice if you said COPS or I have 8 coils.
as some have wasted spark with only 3 coils in a brick.
i go to alldata.com, so can you.
i click spark pages.
has 6 cops. in 1999 here, just like my 04 (igitors are in the COPS)
no spark using a real test new spark plug ,gapped correctly
at 2 coils. 3pin COPs. do not use wrong type COPs. or blow up ECU.
- lost 12v to both dead cops
- ECU bad. driving both. (or wires to it)
- lost ground conn. to those 2 COPS.
- Connectors on those 2 are corroded. (3 pins)
- The boots on both are full of carbon tracking and are shorted. a very common fail on old COPS. i buy new boots, they are like $15 not $75 to 150 each full cop.
COP means, COIL over PLUG.(spark plug)
my answers only cover USA spec cars....
did you test he cop boots off, cop?????
can be done.
(hands in pocket test or you glow like a June bug or worse)
100,000 volts there, open circuit, not fun to get NAILED.
been so , 100s of times.but not on HEI, only once. never again.