posted to 2010 ,
is this a DIY question? or just trying to guess labor hours?
replacing any water pump is the same on most engines
only gaining ACCESS IS THE TRICK.
so RTM , read the FSM it covers the pump, every step'
or login to alldata.com its there. too.
how to fish.....
click engine cooling.
click water pump, BINGO. you are ENABLED.
FORD car posted to Chevy, way to go..... huh>
2.5 L Duratec V6
this pump has TTY bolts (use only once,) torque to yield. google it.
NEVER open, service or drain the radiator or cooling system when hot; serious burns can occur from the steam and hot coolant.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Drain the engine cooling system.
- Remove the water pump pulley shield.
- Remove the water pump drive belt.
- Remove the water pump inlet and outlet hoses from the water pump.
- Remove the three water pump to left cylinder head retaining bolts.
- Remove the water pump and water pump housing from the vehicle.
- Remove the water pump to water pump housing retaining bolts and separate the water pump from the water pump housing.
to see install, log in.. and read.