Audi A6 - Recent Questions, Troubleshooting & Support
2006 audi A6 ESP light problem ESP light comes
A good place to start is the brake light switch
There are 2 circuits in there: 1 for the brake lights and the other for the car computer (ESP, Engine brake etc...)
If the brake switch has an intermittent fault, the EPS light may come on and the car may run rough until you stop the vehicle and remove the key. It then re-set itself until the next time you are using the brakes and the fault appears again.
2000 Audi A6
on Feb 29, 2020
2001 a6 2.7t quattro start , but will not continue to run?
One likely possibility why the engine loses power and stalls could be because of the air compression rate going from the engine air filter and the engine, which is the AIR MASS METER HOSE located between the air filter box and the engine, which could be cracked. This happens when a careless mechanic changes the engine air filter without untightening the ring that holds the hose to the air filter box, causing the hose to be twisted to the point of breakage. It is not immediately apparent, but checking its condition would be the first thing to do.
2001 Audi A6
on Jan 03, 2020
I have a 1996 audi and need the radio code
Check all of the documentation which came with the vehicle as it's normally written down somewhere, often a previous owner may even have written it inside the glovebox.
Otherwise, you'll need to contact an Audi dealer with proof that you own the vehicle. They'll also need either the VIN (chassis number) or if the radio is not the original one fitted to the code you'll need to take the unit itself along.
If you ask very nicely, they may give the code to you but most will charge. In practice, if you're buying other spare parts or having any work done which costs around the same or more than the fee for providing the code then you'll normally get it for free. If you don't, then politely remind them that you can take your money elsewhere.
2002 Audi A6
on Aug 17, 2019
No crangking....no power on dashbord...
You have a open maxi fuse or a fuseable link you will need to start at the battery terminal and look for a open fuseable link,from there inspect the starter for a open fuseable link, the inspect the engine junction fuse box for any open maxi fuses
2000 Audi A6
on Jul 21, 2019
How do you know motor is fine, you jumped a wire across from battery to motor? if what you say is correct then it has to be the wiper control switch, if when u jump wire across and motor turns but not wipers the the attachment from motor to wiper assembly is stripped, disassemble and find if it's shaft or plate that's stripped happens when people don't clean windows off from snow ice and just turn wipers on.
2005 Audi A6 2.0
on May 28, 2019
How to remove an ECU from an Audi multitronic
1. Jack the car up on Axel stands/ramps or if you have access to a pitit will make life a little easier.
2. You need to remove the splash guard underneath the car so you can seethe back of the gear box.
3. Drain the gear box of oil which will require a special tool which youcan get for £10 from Draper Expert 1/2 Square Drive Drain Plug Key For VW Or Audi63476 Draper Hdpk1.
4. Remove the electronic cable that connects onto the ECU that protrudesout the back of the back of the gear box.
5. The back of the gearbox has 12 torques holding the cover in place.Once you have removed most of them you will need to remove the rear enginemount to get at the last torque bolt at the top of the gear box.
6. Support the gear box with a trolley jack so you can lower the gearboxto get at the last few torques.
7. The rear engine mount can be slid towards the back of the car so youcan get at the back of the gear box. There is a couple of other bolts that youwill need to remove that hold the ECU cable in place.
8. Once you have all the torques that hold the gearbox in place thecover can be slid off.
9. Once the cover is removed be careful not to bend the metal gasket asit can be used again as long as it's not damaged (Audi would probably changethis along with the ECU seal).
10. Once the cover is off you can now see the ECU which is held in placeby 3 torques or Star bolts.
11. After the 3 torques have been removed you can then slide the ECU offbut be careful not to bend or tilt it as you remove it from the gearbox as ithas guide rails made of plastic which can break easily.
2001 Audi A6
on Apr 29, 2019
Not finding what you are looking for?