It can be anything. Hardware failure. Windows Vista becoming unstable.windows 7.
The best thing to do is immediately backup your important data.
If it is a software issue, then it would be difficult to determine what the cause could be. Did you recently install any software? Or have you shut off your laptop without allowing Windows to properly turn itself off?
A clean install of Windows Vista or 7 is probably the best option to take if you are not going to bring your laptop to a repair center. If after a clean install you still have BSOD (blue screen of *****), then that would point to a hardware issue. At that point you will need to bring it into a repair center
you could alternatively disable the automatic restart on critical error so you have time to read what the BSOD says. you can then google the error codes to give you an idea of what caused the error.
Do a complete factory reset using a System disc instead or a USB bootable disc that has the operating system burned into it that might do the trick with your case
Try this and see if you can get it to fix....
Note: If this problem started after an update, please make sure the laptop is not connected to the internet in any way before you use the following instructions.
1. Power off the laptop.
2. Power on the laptop.
3. As soon as you see the rotating loading circle, press and hold the Power Button until the computer shuts off.
4. Repeat this process a few times until you see the "Preparing Automatic Repair" screen.
5. Now you want to let the laptop boot to the "Automatic Repair" screen.
6. Click "Advanced Options" and then select "Troubleshoot".
7. Here you want to select "Refresh your PC", if you do not wish to erase data, or "Reset your PC" to erase all data and restore your system.
8. From here just follow the screen instructions until the recovery is completed.
NOTE: You will need to get into the "Advanced Options" in order to get the "Refresh Option". This choice will keep your data, but any programs installed will be lost.
Do not do a "Reset" as that will wipe all data you have on the laptop.
Toshiba satellite az00 ah5 blue screen Google Search
and go to this link to read up on hard drive noise.
What To Do When Your Hard Drive is Making Noise