Sony PlayStation - Recent Questions, Troubleshooting & Support
My PS3 have error code 8002f334
I've seen this error code going around for the older PS3's. From what I can gather, it's a HDD issue that can't be cured easily. Here are the steps to take that I found, that seem to work for all PS3 systems.
- take out the hard drive
- connect hard drive to pc (running windows 7 64bit, but any windows os should work without other software)
- open up disk management - in win7 it asked me to make a master boot record, so I did.
- format in NTSF - that's right, NTSF - don't use quick format
- shut down pc, take out hd, take usb drive too
- put hd back in ps3, put usb stick in ps3
- boot ps3
- a screen will pop-up saying the hard disk have to be formatted
- hold start + Select for 5 sec.
- After formatting the system will restart and the update will start installing
- configure your ps3 setup - done
- Remember to get the latest firmware from SONY onto the USB drive.
on Jul 13, 2017
Not finding what you are looking for?