SMC Computers & Internet - Recent Questions, Troubleshooting & Support
Forgot password. want to reset it. Could not access to admin page.
1) Unplug the power
2) Push and hold the reset button
3) Plug in power
4) Continue to hold the reset switch for 30 seconds
Plug your computer into one of the LAN ports, TCP/IP should be set to get it's settings from DHCP.
Open a DOS window and type IPCONFIG
Note the gateway address - open up a web browser and go to address http://GatewayAddress < Put the number there!
The default pasword for this router is smcadmin < All lower case
SMC Barricade g...
on May 19, 2019
How to reset a SMCFS8
Gave me the manual. The product you listed is an unmanaged switch not a router. Thus, it doesn't have an web interface. You can try unplugging the device for a while and then retrying to connect to your firewall/router/local network. Also check if your computer will connect to the network without the switch. If you can connect directly without the switch, check if your product is still under warranty.
SMC EZ Switch...
on Dec 08, 2018
I have installed a SMC2862W-G
You need to install the driver disk that came with the USB adapter. Your PC correctly pointed out that the internal WI-FI adapter is not working but the USB adapter should be showing on the taskbar of the driver is installed correctly.
SMC EZ Connect g...
on Mar 08, 2018
Downloaded and installed the drivers
Basic question but have you tried restarting the computer? Some networking issues are resolved by a simple restart.
Otherwise can you open a command prompt (click the Start button and type cmd) and run the following command:
You should see an IPv4 or IP address in the list. Can you confirm that it starts with 192.168.x.x? Most home IP addresses will have this format. Do not provide your full IP address as this could be a security risk.
SMC EZ Connect ...
on Feb 19, 2018
My wireless connection keeps disconnecting and
First, make sure your laptop is 'not' connected to the modem/router via an Ethernet cable and follow the steps:
1. Go to "Control Panel".
2. Next go to "Network and Internet" and then "Network and Sharing".
3. Now click on "Manage Wireless Networks".
4. On this screen, remove all wireless connections by "right clicking" on it and select "Remove network" from the drop down menu.
5. After doing this, close the oepn windows and reboot the computer.
6. Once the computer is fully reloaded, scan for the "Wi-Fi networks".
7. Click on the available network that you want to access and select "connect".
8. It takes a moment, but then you will be asked to give a password for your Wi-Fi connection. Type in the password and click the "connect" button.
It should now be connected.
NOTE: If this doesn't work, you may want to reset your modem/router, and then once it is fully loaded again, repeat the above steps.
If this doesn't work, test seeing if your laptop will connect via Ethernet. If so, then your WiFi card may be going. You can either look to replace it/have it replaced, or get an external (plugs in via USB) WiFi card.
on Feb 05, 2018
Not finding what you are looking for?