Olympus Audio Players & Recorders - Recent Questions, Troubleshooting & Support
Can i recover lost dictation?
Possible? YES, Easy? Not always.First things first
: DO NOT take any more dictations with the recorder that you want to recover files from in case you may quite possibly ruin your chances of voice memo file recovery.
Then connect your recorder to a PC with a recovery program installed. Photo Recovery Software
(also recover Voice memos
, audio and video files) is right what you need to use if you are running Windows. If you are Mac OS X users, turn to Data Recovery for Mac
But you should remember - the more you use your recorder, the less likely you may be able to recover the deleted files back! So STOP using the device ASAP. Hope my answer is helpful to you. Best regards!
on May 13, 2019
My digital voice recorder got wet. How can I
OK - I hear you and I tell you - don't panic. I have had a lot of this type of electronics come back.
PLEASE - remove the battery - shake the unit for any extra water coming out - set the unit with battery opening facing down - to let any water drain - let it set for 24 hours. If you replace the battery and it works end of problem - but I would remove the battery anyway after you get your information off and let it set an additional 24 hours.
I promise you - I have done this many times and once it took 4 -5 days - BUT the unit CAME BACK - THIS WORKS
Best of it
on Apr 10, 2019
How do I Change from default language back to English?
To reset the settings back to English:
1. Set the DM-20 to Voice mode using the blue switch on the back voice recorder.
2. Remove the DM-20 from Hold using the gray switch on the back of the voice recorder.
3. Press and hold the DISPLAY/MENU button on the front of the DM-20 for at least 3 seconds. The menu list is displayed.
4. Click the REWIND button six times to highlight the Format menu item.
5. Click the PLAY button to select the Format menu item. A message will be displayed with Cancel and Start options.
6. Click the REWIND button once to highlight Start.
7. Click the PLAY to select Start. A message stating that the data will be cleared will display briefly. Then a message asking if you are sure will be displayed.
8. Click the REWIND button once to highlight the Start menu item to continue with the format.
9. Click the PLAY select the Start menu item and begin the format. The format progress bar will appear. When it is complete the menu items will be in the English language.
on Mar 14, 2019
Olympus m:robe 100 missing file
it, drag the System Folder and the Index.mum filedirectly onto your
m:robe. then pull it off the dock. you might have topush reset.
and then freshly install the m:trip software from
the firmware make sure tht u reset the player ..afterfollowing all the
instructions of the firmware try to synch the playerto check whether it
detects music and finally restart your m:robe totake effect..!!
on Feb 19, 2019
How to play .dss voice files in express scribe?
If you want to play .dss files first of all download latest version of express scribe form hare
http://www.nch.com.au/scribe/index.html. If you want to play .dss files and other files you need to download dss32.exe,dssdec.exe and then install them.
You can download all plug in then you can play various kinds of files. hare is link for plug i...
on Nov 07, 2018
I had the same problem with my Olympus VN-5000. I found a solution, which appears to reformat the memory. Try to press the STOP and DISP/MENU buttons at the same time for about 2 seconds, and then the display should show "FOR". It will supposedly erase the whole memory, but will at least make the device usable again. I hope this solution works for your model!
on Oct 16, 2018
Not finding what you are looking for?