Nordic Ware Kitchen Appliances - Others - Recent Questions, Troubleshooting & Support
Where can I find the instructions Manual?
To insure long life and satisfactory performance from your Nordic Ware Rice Cooker, follow these simple guidelines (microwave use only).
1. Before using your Rice Cooker wash it thoroughly by hand in warm soapy water or in the dishwasher (top rack only).
2.Foods with strong colors (particularly red sauces, tomatoes) may stain your cookware.Staining that may occur will not affect the use of the cookware.
(Cooking times may vary due to variations in microwave ovens.Adjust cooking times for best results in your oven.)
To Cook Rice:
1. Remove basket.
2. Pour 1 cup of uncooked rice into the bottom of the basket, rinse rice thoroughly with cold water.
3. Transfer the rinsed rice from the basket to the bottom of the cooker.
4. Add 1 1/2 cups of water and 1 tsp salt (salt is optional).
5. Secure lid and lock clamps. Open vent holes.
6. Microwave on medium setting (50%) for 10 - 12 minutes (white rice) or 18-20 (brown rice).
7. Remove from microwave, close vent holes and let stand with the lid fastened for 4-5 minutes (the steam continues to cook the rice.)
8. Remove rice from the cooker and fluff with a fork.
Yields: 3 cups of cooked rice or 4 to 6 servings.
Cooking Potatoes and Vegetables:
1. Insert Basket.
2.Pour one cup of water plus 1/4 tsp. salt into the bottom of the cooker.
3. Peel vegetables (if desired), cut into evenly sized pieces and place inside basket.
4. Secure lid and lock clamps. Close vent holes.
5. Microwave on high for 3-4 minutes.
6. Remove from microwave and let stand with lid fastened for 3-4 minutes (the steam continues to cook the vegetables.)
1. Remove basket and lid (lid not used initially for preparing pasta inside the microwave).
2. Pour 2 cups (5 oz.) of uncooked noodles into the bottom of the cooker.
3. Add 2 1/2 cups water.
4. Microwave on high setting 10 minutes, stirring after 5 minutes.
5. Remove from microwave, stir noodles, secure lid and lock clamps. Close vent holes. Let stand for 3-4 minutes.
HELPFUL HINTS TO ENHANCE THE FLAVOR OF ANY MICROWAVE DISH:
1. Use chicken broth instead of water for added flavor.
2. Add a little butter or oil to contents.
on Aug 08, 2014
Can I wash the NordicWare
Not sure about this make but the bowl is probably safe to wash in a dishwasher but if it has a nonstick finish it will get worn faster than doing by hand. A simple soak removes rice easily.
Don't put any electrical parts in.
on Mar 23, 2011
Not finding what you are looking for?