LG Washing Machines - Recent Questions, Troubleshooting & Support
LG Tromm - soap drawer is stuck and will not open
This is caused by the "Fabric Softer" removable tray inside the drawer getting stuck in the top of the drawer cabinet.
1. Unplug machine
2. Remove four sheet metal screws and plastic plates from top of back of machine that hold the "lid" on (perhaps yours is different and only has two screws, but that's your world :) )
3. With the palm of either hand hit the both sides of the lid of the machine at about a 45 degree angle towards the back of the machine until the lid slides back about 4 inches
4. Gently remove lid (will lift off easily if you've freed it correctly)
5. On left you'll see a white box which is the cabinet for the drawer. Carefull pull the black wire from it's retainers
6. Lift up the three clips on the right side of the cabinet that hold it together
7. In the back of the cabinet, grab ahold of the plastic piece that doesn't have a hose attached (unless yours does, in which case figure it out yourself :) ) and gently pull up until you can see the cabinet coming apart in the back.
8. When you have enough clearence push a screwdriver through the opening you've created while lifting on the back of the cabinet apart, and PRESTO! The drawer will pop out.
This will happen everytime from now on if you do not remove the the "fabric softner" tray from the drawer. It is a design flaw that will happen to all models eventually. If you must have that little tray, then find a solution that works and post a follow up here (I imagine it will involve a bench grinder :) )
HAPPY WASHING AND BUY AMERICAN!!!
LG TROMM WM2688H...
on Sep 12, 2018
Is lg a good washer
LG are good at making home entertainment electronics but their whitegoods have an appalling reputation. There are also a long list of complaints from customers about LG's after sales customer service. I would tend to stay clear of LG whitegoods.
on Sep 05, 2018
LG washing machine has AWFUL mildew smell
I have tried several different things for my stinky LG washing machine that I just bought September 2007, including "remedies" from the customer service at LG - nothing worked for me. FINALLY, I HAVE DISCOVERED A SOLUTION AND AM SOOOO THANKFUL! I removed the liquid detergent tray and sprinkled baking soda (probably 2-3 tablespoons) where powdered detergent goes, and ran a cycle with hot water, no clothes, no detergent. This got rid of the smell, but the very next time I did a load of clothes with detergent, the stinky smell came back. So I tried adding baking soda in the same manner with every load of laundry I did (underneath the liquid detergent tray) and it has worked!!! With every load of laundry, I remove the liquid detergent tray and sprinkle approximately a tablespoon of baking soda and then replace the tray and fill it as normal with my liquid detergent (whatever is on sale, the brand of detergent has not made a difference for me). This is ALL I do. No leaving the door open, cleaning the rubber seal, wiping anything out. I believe the smell is a result of stuff we can't see or even get to and that's why the baking soda works.
I hope this helps someone else.
on Sep 04, 2018
Not finding what you are looking for?