This seems to be the problem of most of us
these days and some of our readers who wanted to know the methods how
they can remove the Write Protected error
from their USB drives
like Pen Drives
and memory cards
What is Write Protected error and why it happens?
In the Write Protected error, we can’t write or copy any data in our flash drives
and even can’t format the drive
There are many reasons that cause this problem, let’s see solutions of them.
• First of all try to locate a small switch
(if any, that you may have not noticed) at some place on the drive or memory card reader
. This is the prime reason for this error. If there is one, switch it to the other side
to turn the protection off.
• Yes I know this problem is also occurring these days without
this switch but not to worry. Just download this helpful software form here
and run it to execute a “low-level format
” on the drive. This software is quite handy and may take few attempts to actually remove the error.
• The problem can also be caused by some virus
activity so just get it scanned by some updated good anti virus which may solve your problem.
• BUT if none of the methods listed above solves your problem then your pen drive
might have gone corrupted, so just get it replaced.
Hope any of the methods listed above solves your problem.
After the low level format
, you may need to “Partition the drive
Dont worry, partitioning a pen drive means allocating it its File
System and Cluster Size that was lost after the Low Level Format.
- Run diskmgmt.msc in Run.
- In the disk management window, select the pen drive, right click on it and click on Format.
- Now choose the File System and Allocation Unit Size and do not check the boxes below.
Click OK and the drive will be reusable after this.
Update 2 (Better Solution):
Follow the steps in this
post and just put the value 0 (zero) in step 5.
This will surely solve your problem now.
rate me and vote me..