why do this expensive first.?
Its just a desktop, (and industry standard and easy to fix)
why not a PSU first. vastly more cheap.
i cant see that video card, it has name and model number
and that matters big time if the card uses more that 75watts.
(wrong PSU for the newer faster video card is doomed)
you failed to say what the problem was before, the card.
same,or just wanted faster video for say gaming.
tell why the new card, history also matters and intents.
lets do this the easy way. a list.
the unstated monitor and number of it, never ever shows any text ever at any time.
Blank to me means that, other say blank means windows dead.
(totally opposite in facts)
1: so you push the PC cases power button,
a: the PC is silent. ? (power cord connected, and any switch hear that cord entrance(1/0) is in the 1 position = on.
b: the PC PSU fan runs now, it must
or the PSU is dead.
(answers are 99% the other 1% i handle in all cases(complex)
we use a voltmeter to test power, in all cases.
c: the PSU fan blows, (looking behind it in the PSU grill.)
not packed in lint and stalled, or dead.
d: the CPU fan blows, (slide lid off eyeballs on it)
e: the CD tray ejects on command, if this all happens 12v and 5vdc are working, yes it takes more.
in each case of testing above what fails , causes me to work that angle, that path, of power and logic inside.
if the PSU fan never spins even for the magic 1 second rule.
then the PSU is bad.
the exception is if things inside the case are shorted.
shorts cause all ATX class PSU made to shut down
(stops a fire ) (some do this for any overload, overvoltage and any undervoltage condition, I call those PRIME PSU's (best)
This is normal for short.(inside)
to find shorts, we remove things from the inside if the case
called stripping PC. down.
first HDD (just power cable)
next CD (same just powercable
next the Video card, pulled, oops PSU now stay on, oops.
next all ram pulled. PC may beep due to missing ram. but power goes one. and may stop but you saw power happen.
last is the jumper test of a PSU.
we unplug the PSU. 24 pin connector.
then jumper as see here.
pin 16 to 17
pull the conn,. and psu end jump it.
turn on PSU and it must run its fan full time.
it will have all the voltages seen here.