Water Dispensing & Filtration - Recent Questions, Troubleshooting & Support
How do I install the bypass valve for uxc-0948 water softener?
WECO UXC 0948 High Efficiency Water Softener for Water Hardness Reduction
- Turn off water supply to the softener.
- Disconnect the touch screen water softener head from power supply.
- Disconnect softener head from brine and drain lines.
- Disconnect softener head from soft and hard water lines.
- Screw in the bypass valve to the head.
- Before you cut any pipes along the water line you must first assemble the bypass valve according to the manufacturer's directions.
- Cut water lines with pipe cutters.
- Remove any burrs in pipes with emery paper.
- Apply some flux to the pipe.
- Solder the pipes.
- Connect drain and brine lines.
- Turn valves to bypass mode like in image below.
- Turn on the water supply.
- Set valves to softener mode.
- Turn on power to the softener and use the screen to reset the softener.
on Apr 07, 2018
Not finding what you are looking for?