You can replace the battery yourself in about 20 minutes. It is not soldered. You will need a replacement battery, which is a CR2032 watch battery, a small Philips screwdriver, and needle or thin-nosed pliers.
1. Remove all cables from the dtxplorer unit, and remove it from the drum kit rack.
2. Remove all 6 screws from the bottom side (i.e. opposite the face)
3. Remove the 3 lowest screws from the rear (jack-filled) side, including the one which holds in the little plastic power cord hook, then lift off the bottom and set aside.
4. You will see the bottom circuit board, covering the top board. Carefully pull off the spade connectors from the power switch, using pliers or patient wiggling, they are on fairly tight but will come loose. Note which one is which for proper reattachment.
5. Near the center of the board is a little white plastic post end sticking up, through a hole, from the inside (top) board, with small tabs. This loosely attaches the two boards. Using small pliers, squeeze the tabs on the post end, and pull up on the board and it will separate from the inside (top) board. Carefully move the board toward the front of the unit to free the jacks from the holes in the case, and then you can easily fold the board toward the front, like opening a book. (Don't try and remove the large wire sets attaching the two boards)
6. You will see the button-like battery. Just push it toward the spring clips at one side and lift it out. Replace it with the new battery, + side out.
7. Just reverse the steps to reassemble, hook it up and you're ready to go. Easier to do than this makes it seem. Greg
2 days ago