Grilling - Page 9 - Popular Questions, Answers, Tips & Manuals
How long do a 10lb turkey take to cook in the smoker
How long to smoke a 10lb turkey?
Check the temperature of your turkey after 3½ hours. Your turkey must pass through a critical range of 40° F to 140° F in 4 hours
or less. If the internal temperature is low after 3½ hours, take your turkey off the smoker and finish it in the oven. Cover the turkey and chill or let stand for 20 minutes
209 views | 0 helpful votes
What temp and how long to cook a 10 lb ham in a turkey frier?
12-17 minutes per pound at 375 is recommended for an oven. I'm not sure of the difference between the frier and oven. Most prepared hams are fully cooked or smoked. Here's a link to check other info on cooking hams.
76 views | 1 helpful votes
How to use my surf N Turk turkey fryer
Go to the MasterBuilt website via this link
- and search the list for the Electric Turkey Fryer models that most closely resemble your model. They all seem to show digital controls now, with and without drain valves, but I think the information is essentially the same as for the older dial control models. Recipes are included in the PDF files.
just found this through a fixya member hope it helps.
147 views | 0 helpful votes
My master built electric smoker is not holding the 200 degree heat?
How cold outside was it and was there wind? Even though they are insulated smokers you still have to help block the wind. And was your damper open? Keep it cracked open, if it's open all the way your losing all the heat and the element has to keep running to reach temp. Otherwise inside you should had a round metal fuse n next to that should be a rod sticking out from the back wall that is your temp control sensor it might have junk on it giving false reading, just wipe off with damp cloth. Hope this helps
190 views | 0 helpful votes
What meats are red meats
Beef and Lamb in normal culinary terms, stretching to Pork. The only 'white meat' is poultry, so chicken and turkey.
Red meat but also referred to as Game Red Meat
62 views | 0 helpful votes
What are the disadvantages of coal?
- It takes time (25 - 30 minutes) to light and wait for the briquets to become ready to use.
- Temperature control is more difficult.
- Cleaning the ashes out can be a pain.
- More smoke produced than gas grills.
There is a few.
223 views | 0 helpful votes
Not finding what you are looking for?