Grilling - Page 6 - Recent Questions, Troubleshooting & Support
Cooking time for 3.91 lb. chuck cross rib boneless roast
Cooking times are dependent on much more than weight. The shape of the roast, the thickness, the uniformity, the outside temperature, the quirks of your grill or oven... the only way to cook a roast properly is with a probe-type thermometer. You decide what temperature you want the center of your roast and cook it until it reaches that temperature. The lower the cooking temperature, the more evenly the roast will cook. You can Google roasting temps to give you a general idea, but if you use a recipe time, you will overcook or undercook your roast, probably, 60% of the time. Probe thermometers are cheap and reliable.
on Jan 09, 2018
Regulator freezing up
1. Are you using a portable LP cylinder? LP Regulators freeze up when the liquid part is the propane is flowing through the regulator this is caused by an overfilling of the propane tank.
2. If the BTU capacity of the regulator is not high enough to cover the BTUs of your grill, the regulator is working too hard and potentially pulling liquid (not vapor as it should)
I would suggest calculating the BTUs of your grill and looking to see what the capacity of the regulator you are using.
You can also read this about regulators LP Gas Regulators 101
on Jan 09, 2018
I cannot get the gas grill to light. The tank was
the regulator could have gone into lock up.
try this to unlock it...
- Open the BBQ Lid
- Turn ALL main control knobs to the "OFF"/CLOSED position
- Turn the Propane tank valve to the "OFF"/CLOSED position
- Disconnect the Regulator hose from the Propane tank
- Turn ALL main control knobs to the "ON"/OPEN position
- Let stand for 1-2 minutes, allowing all excess gas in valves and manifold to dissipate
- Turn ALL control knob back to the "OFF"/CLOSED position
- Reconnect the regulator hose to the Propane tank- hand tighten only.
- Check all hose connections to ensure that a positive seal has been made
- SLOWLY turn "ON"/OPEN the propane gas supply
- Wait approximately 5 seconds for the regulator pressure to stabilize
- Turn "ON"/OPEN the selected burner control knob to "HI"
- Press the Multi Spark ignition button or match light selected burner.
- Hope this helps you has me in the past!
on Jan 08, 2018
How to roast a beef terder loin in oven
This is a grilling forum, but I'll answer anyway. Season the roast liberally with plenty of salt and pepper. insert a meat probe and roast low and slow, perhaps 300, until it hits 10 degrees below what you're shooting for (pull at 115 for rare to medium-rare) and tent very loosely with foil so the steam can vent out. While it rests, crank the oven up to 500 or as close as your oven will go to that. When it's at full heat and the roast has rested at least 20 minutes, put it back in and blast it for a few minutes until it looks nice and crusty. You really don't need to rest it again before carving, though it won't hurt.
on Jan 02, 2018
Why does my Traeger Smoker not hold temperature.
The Traeger has no thermostat, it works by approximating how often the auger needs to push pellets into the fire box. If the temperature is within 20 degrees, Traeger considers that within range. If you live somewhere with extreme weather, this could affect your Traeger's performance. If it's cold outside, set the Traeger to a higher temp (or get one of their insulating blankets). If it's hot, set the Traeger lower. I hope this helps.
on Jan 02, 2018
Why am I getting an EAA1 error after 5 minutes of first use?
I have the same model and drew this schematic after taking it apart to fix another problem. An EAA1 means that the control display unit is getting a bizarre reading from the temperature sensor on the box. Could be a connector problem or a faulty temp sensor. The temperature sensor has a long path through the relay power supply board in the bottom then up to the control display unit. Unfortunately the only place you can easily check is the 5 pin connector directly under the control display unit. Try reseating this connector. The box can be opened up to check everything else but it's a real bear.
on Jan 01, 2018
Not finding what you are looking for?