Crafts & Hobbies - Page 2 - Recent Questions, Troubleshooting & Support

I have had the same problem with my polar express, which i just bought recently. Having to send it to the USA from the UK would be very expensive so i decided to open it up myself. The tamper proof screws were a bit of a problem getting into it. I ground down an old screw driver into the triangle shape to undo them. I then replaced them with self taping srews the same size.
The Problem I found was simple, there is an internal (250V, 8Amp) fuse soldered onto the red wire on the secondary winding of the transformer. The red wire going from the transformer to the PCB, the fuse has black heatshrink over it.
There is no room inside the housing of the controller to fit a fuse holder. I fitted a box on the side of it with a panel mount fuse holder. drilled a hole through the housing, fitted longer red wires, so they could go through to the terminations on the back of the fuse holder.
At least now I can change it simply if it blows again.

hope this is of help to you.

Lionel Cw 80... | Answered on Jul 22, 2018

try manufacturer or an online search using make and model

Crafts & Hobbies | Answered on Jul 18, 2018

A mosaic is a picture that's made out of lots of small pieces of glass or stone. all the pieces are different colours and are combined to make one large colourful picture.

Crafts & Hobbies | Answered on Jul 10, 2018

Not sure what you don't understand.
when it says work 29sts you put the rest on a stitch holder and continue in color and pattern back and forth until the end of that section, of the 29 sts. Then pick up the stitches from the stitch holder and continue in pattern and color to match the other side, You may have to reverse the pattern and color or you may not. Hope this helps. If not, yiu need to leave morevinfo. :)

Crafts & Hobbies | Answered on Jul 02, 2018

Hello, Ann -

I think your question is a knitting one. I hope you do not mind that I recategorized your question the category for Crafts & Hobbies from Computers & Internet, where it landed.

If my guess that your questions are about knitting, the abbreviation "yon" stands for the knitting action of "yarn over needle."

This YouTube video provides a good demonstration of "yarn over needle":

This web page gives instructions, with images, for 2 ways to perform the "yarn over needle" action, depending upon whether you knit following "English Style" or "Continental Style".

As for knitting needle sizes, see a millimeter to UK to US conversion chart for knitting needles here:

Best wishes.

Crafts & Hobbies | Answered on Jun 29, 2018


Crafts & Hobbies | Answered on Jun 25, 2018

Look this, pls

Crafts & Hobbies | Answered on Jun 23, 2018

Color glue sticks are available in variety packs or sold as individual colors to complete a specific project - some of the popular color choices include caramel, light blue, burgundy, copper metallic, forest green, ivory, orange, yellow and red. Also, a series of hot melt glue sticks in a choice of assorted glitter colors are available - Colored Glue Sticks

Crafts & Hobbies | Answered on Jun 15, 2018

Not finding what you are looking for?
Crafts & Hobbies Logo

3,716 questions posted

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Crafts & Hobbies Experts

R.A. Ellis
R.A. Ellis

Level 3 Expert

12690 Answers

Tom Chichester

Level 3 Expert

47055 Answers

ray gallant

Level 3 Expert

52916 Answers

Are you a Craft and Hobby Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides