Video Cameras - Page 6 - Recent Questions, Troubleshooting & Support
How do I play MPEG recordings?
Using Windows Media Player
You need Microsoft Windows Media Player Version 9 or higher and Sharp G.726 Audio Codec in order to play MPEG4 files from the Memory Stick on your PC.
If you are not currently using Microsoft Windows Media Player Version 9 or higher.
Important: The Sharp G.726 Audio Codec needed to play MPEG4 files is no longer signed by Microsoft.
If Sharp G.726 Audio Codec is not properly installed on your PC, it will not play MPEG4 Audio.
You can also download a free DivX® Player and codec to play your MPEG and other video format files.
DivX® for Windows is a free codec built to play every version of DivX content. The DivX codec also plugs into your existing video software so you can view and create high-quality DivX videos at a fraction of the original size. The DivX codec also adds DivX video playback support to most popular media players.
on Apr 08, 2019
* The MPEG Playback function works in M. PLAY mode only.
* You can play moving picture images on the Memory Card.
* To hear sound during MPEG4 playback, you must hook up to a PC and listen to the PC's speaker. (You cannot hear it from the speaker on the camcorder or a TV)
1. Set the mode switch to MEMORY CARD position.
2. Set the power switch to PLAYER mode.
3. Press the MENU button and turn the MENU DIAL to highlight MEMORY.
4. Press the ENTER button to enter sub-menu.
5. Use the MENU DIAL to select MPEG4 from the sub-menu. (M. PLAY SELECT)
6. To exit the menu, push the MENU button.
7. Using the (FWD) and (REV) buttons, search for the moving picture that you want to playback.
8. Press the PLAY/STILL button.
The moving pictures recorded on the MEMORY CARD begin playing back.
on Apr 08, 2019
I have an ancient JVC GR-sxm320 can't find the Manuel and can't open the cassette door.
There are two reasons normally that the cassette door won't open when you slide the Eject button on the JVC GR-SXM320. One: the camera uses a powered eject feature. If the battery is low and the AC adapter isn't plugged in and powering the camera, this doesn't work. Two: if the LCD monitor screen is not open to more than a 60 degree angle, then there is an interlock that keeps the cassette door closed. This avoids the door hitting the screen. It's best to have the monitor at a 90 degree angle to the camera body when you open the cassette. Press Stop if there is a chance that the camera is recording to the current cassette.
JVC has the manual here: http://resources.jvc.com/Resources/00/00/97/LYT0465-001A.pdf
Note: since the camera is older, check that the AC adapter is getting warm when it's plugged in and connected to the camera. This checks if the adapter is working. Check if your battery pack is good. If you have the BN-V856U battery pack, you need the AA-V80U charger to charge the battery. The charger that came with the camera will not work.
Third party battery packs and chargers are still available for the GR-SXM320. Use the manual to look up the part number and Google for the battery or use the camera model number to find available parts. For example, a replacement BN-V11U battery is available at Amazon and here: https://www.bestbatt.com/JVC-BN-V11U-BN-V12U-BN-V14U-BNV-V18U-Battery-p/bbbnv11u.htm
I hope this helps.
on Apr 08, 2019
Not finding what you are looking for?