Hello welcome to FIxya!
Here you can check this procedure on how to open your files again.
"1) Check your Recycle Bin
2) Do a Folder/File Search for each of the Grey Folder Project
names. This will display all Folders & Files with that Project
Name. You are looking for an .stx File. If it's there, right-Click on
Project Name / Open Containing Folder & Copy it to your My Projects
Folder. Then you should have both the Grey Folder & .stx File for
the same Project name, showing in your My Projects Folder.
If the Search doesn't display a .stx File, you can create a new one,
by Opening a New empty Project, which will create a My Movie Grey
Folder & a My Movie .stx File, Save to your My Projects Folder.
Delete the My Movie Grey Folder & Rename the My Movie .stx File to
the same name as your original Grey Folder."
So ...after finding my "lost" movie file, with its file name, under
Documents\Pinnacle Studio\My Projects i then went through the following
procedures using your great advice Colour;
- Make a copy of your found "lost" movie grey film icon file by right
mouse clicking on your lost file and choosing "copy". Paste the copy
into another folder in Documents where you can find it if need be
- Then go back to Documents\Pinnacle Studio\My Projects and right
mouse click onto your grey film icon. Choose "rename". Then rename your
"lost" grey film icon to a new file name but do not put .stc at the end
of the file name, if you are operating VISTA and Pinnacle 12. This is
important because Pinnacle 12 won't recognise the file later if you
have .stc in the file name
- Open Pinnacle and go to the File Menu
- Click on New Project
- Open File Menu again and click on Save File as
- Give the file a name such as "Movie 7" and save it
- Close out of Pinnacle
- Open up Documents\Pinnacle Studio\My Projects and observe that you
now have 2 new files there ...a grey film icon file saying Movie 7 AND
a coloured Pinnacle icon file saying Movie 7
- Delete the grey icon file with the file name Movie 7
- Now give your coloured Pinnacle icon file the exact same rename as
your precious "lost" renamed grey movie icon file, using the right
mouse click on rename proceedure as explained in No.2 above.
- Close out of Documents file
- Now open up Pinnacle again
- Go to Menu and choose Open Project
- There you will see the coloured Pinnacle icon file with the new name of your "lost" movie file.
- Click onto its coloured Pinnacle icon, and watch your "lost" movie
come into view again