Question about NetGear DG834G Router
Have recentley changed internet provider, so i had to change my security settings to wpa-psk from previously using wep and the ps3 was fine with that but not wpa-psk, ahhhhhhhh. please help
I had a similar problem and managed to solve it by upgrading the firmware on my router to V4.01.37. Many sites also recommend changing to a numeric only password.
Posted on Oct 19, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 11, 2011 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
1. Connect the computer to one of the four LAN ports on the router.
2. Open a web browser on the computer.
3. In the address bar of the web browser, type http://192.168.2.1
4. Click Login in the upper right-hand corner of the page. The router does not ship with a password, so just click Submit.
5. Click on Security in the left-hand column under the Wireless heading.
6. Use the drop-down menu and select "WPA/WPA2-Personal (PSK)".
either WPA-PSK, WPA2-PSK, or WPA-PSK+WPA-PSK2 as your Authentication;
doing this will set the Encryption Technique automatically.
8. Enter a word or group of characters in the password (PSK) box. The Pre-Shared Key must be 8 to 63 characters in length. Note: The PSK (Pre-Shared Key) is case-sensitive ("A" is different than "a").
a. Unchecking the Obscure PSK box will allow you to see the security key that has been typed.
9. Click the "Apply Changes" button to save the settings.
Any/all wireless computers that connect to this network will be required to have this Pre-Shared Key (password).
Feb 28, 2011 | Belkin F5D7234-4 Router
Did this connection used to work but has suddenly stopped? "Power cycle" your router by unplugging it from the power outlet. Wait a few minutes, and plug the modem back in. Wait a couple of minutes for the modem to initialize, then plug in the router. Try to connect the Ps3 and test for proper response.
The Wii may have detected and set itself to the wrong security type during the initial connection set up. Try creating a new connection file and going through the connection process again but be sure that when the Wii asks for a security code, the type shown on screen (WEP or WPA) is what your router is set to.
Change your router's channel setting to 1 or 11. By default, most routers broadcast on channel 6, which overlaps with other channels and may be weaker.
Thanks for using Fixya.
Feb 07, 2011 | D-Link DIR-600 Router
Jan 02, 2011 | Video Game Consoles & Games
Dec 29, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Jan 01, 2009 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54GS Router...
Dec 01, 2008 | Belkin Wireless G Plus MIMO (F5D9230-4)...
Jul 21, 2008 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Jun 17, 2008 | Sony PlayStation Portable (PSP) Console
Mar 25, 2008 | Sony PlayStation Portable (PSP) Console
60 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!