A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones). click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Good luck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
There could be a variety of reasons why this happens, but the likeliest
reason is the secondary interlock or monitor switch is broken. These are micro switches that tell the microwave that the door is closed. If this switch is broken, then the microwave thinks the door is still open and the carousel table won't turn, and the oven will not heat up.
I replaced an interlock switch last Saturday. The switch was $7.00 and took me an hour.
Ask your local repair person to test the interlock and monitor switches first, then go from there.
Okay, first we need to separate the situations. You were boiling water on the stove and had the range hood fan running to **** up the steam. Then you put something in the microwave to heat and you heard a pop and then zip-o.
The water on the stove has nothing to do with the situation, the fan you turn on is not part of the microwave, so it has nothing to do with the microwave.
The pop you heard and then the humming suggests the magnetron failed. You said you found a blow fuse and replaced it and still nothing, right? The magnetron is the most likely culprit...I would think it is safe to say that the magnetron shorted and drew enough current to blow the fuse.
Replace the magnetron and if that doesn't work, let me know here. Good Luck!
Your magnetron that actually does the cooking is making that humming sound. That part needs to be replaced before it starts blowing your fuse inside the microwave. That part is the one located on top behind the control panel of your microwave and is about the size of a persons hand (sometimes smaller sometimes bigger). With everthing unplugged you can take the cover off and see it. It has some cooling fins on it and is held in place with only three to four screws. There are three to four wires that come out of it and go to only a couple of places one of them being a large capacitor that is about three to four inches long with terminals at its top. Find a magnetron at a local tv repair shop (reputable), a local electronic supply house (they can order you one) or on the internet. They cost from $25 to $60 depending on size of microwave. If you can do it yourself you can save about $40 to $50. Let me know how it goes. Good luck.
Q - My microwave went dead when I opened the door ( same problem as closed the door ). A - This often is a stuck or faulty door switch and it has blown the interior microwavefuse. Q - My microwave is completely dead. A - House fuse has blown or interior fuse inside the microwave has blown ( usually a part inside the microwave makes this fuse blow ) Sometimes a bad fuse holder inside the microwave cannot hold the fuse tight enough and the fuse will blow as well. Q - My microwave blows the fuse inside itself as soon as I push the start button. A - Usually a shorted high voltage capacitor...see components section. Q - I burnt something in my microwave and now it is dead...help! A - The fuse inside the microwave may have blown, but more commonly the flame/oven thermostat has sensed the over cooked food and the flame/oven/cavity thermostat has opened up - Info on that Q - My microwave seems to shut off every once in a while, what might be wrong? A - Make sure you hear the fan is still operating in your microwave. Next is to make sure the air intake grill on your microwave is not plugged up with air borne dust and dirt. Q - The microwave makes a loud "hum or buzz" noise but will not heat up the food? A - 9 times out of 10 this is usually this is a bad magnetron, the other time is sometimes a bad high voltage diode. See components section.
Yes that noise is causing your fuse to blow. Machine gun sound sounds like the High Voltage Capacitor or High voltage diode is bad. (Loud humming sound is usually a bad magnetron or bad power transformer). Most of these parts are inexpensive, except for the magnetron. But most of the repair bill is most likely going to be for labor.
Based on your model, it looks like an over the range microwave. And to fix any of these problems require the removal of the microwave from the wall. So its up to you if you want to deal with that hassle. But you also have to consider that you'll probably have a hard time trying to find a new microwave that will fit.