- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I use AS 4.1. I think the Axim will use up to AS 4.5. I had no problems with sync until SP3 came out. Now I must resart the computer with the Axim connected to sync. If the computer goes into suspend it will no longer connect until restarted.
Attempt a restart with it connected.
I have known others with no ability to get the Axim and other devices to be recognized. Unaware of a solution in that case.
This model of the Axim X30 does not have built in wi-fi capability. You need to purchase a 802.11 b/g Wireless SDIO card.
IMPORTANT: DO NOT INSERT SDIO CARD INTO AXIM X30 BEFORE INSTALLING DRIVERS.
1. Connect the Axim X30 to your computer.
2. Establish a connection between the two devices using Active-Sync.
3. Insert CR-ROM which ships with the SDIO card in your computer.
4. Follow instructions for installing Driver an Utility.
5. Install SDIO card into the SD slot on the Axim X30.
The issue you have is that the Axim does not have any built in connectivity for networking. In order for the Bluetooth to connect you, you would have to first pair the Axim to a Bluetooth enabled phone that can support Internet connections. Bluetooth on its own can't connect to the Internet, it is a protocol to link devices together. The easier way would be to buy a wireless 802.11 compact flash card that will support PocketPC and then use a wireless access point to connect to the Internet.
When using wireless lan with PPC, there are some experience shere with you.
1. You must do an "Reset" after the first time of installing wireless driver into your DELL AXIM. Otherwise, the driver would not work.
2. Microsoft Pocket PC 2002 only can allow one source to access the internet. It can't access internet via the USB and wireless at the same time. Thus, it is more batter way to leave your AXIM alone instead of insert on cradle when you try to access internet via wireless lan.
3. Some of the wireless's CE driver are based on StrongArm, 206MHz, not PXA250, 400MHz. It will got problem when the wireless try to initiate the link between base station and PPC. Try the following step:
(i) Make sure you have been install the wireless driver.
(ii) Remove your wireless from CF slot.
select "PowerSave" mode and apply it.
(iv) Plug wireless into CF slot
(v) If you can get an dynamic IP or access internet, you can repet step 3, but select "Auto" mode.
Hoping these information can solve your problem.
No. The secure digital on the Axim only supports memory cards. If you want to use anything else it will have to be for the cf in the Axim. Devices for wifi, bluetooth, and modems are more readily available for cf and are lower priced at the moment too.
I can connect my Axim X5 to the Internet using my mobile phone via infrared without a problem. You need to create a new dial-up connection using "Generic Infrared" modem in the setup. The number to be dialled is a function of your mobile phone. On my Nokia 6230i the "number" is *99# for creating a GPRS connection. Your mobile phone has to be correctly set up for Internet access and obviously you have to have a data plan.