An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert who has achieved Level 3.
Re: Is Axim ARM or MIPS?
The XScale processor in the Axim is compatible with the StrongArm (a.k.a. ARM) processor. When obtaining software, treat the Dell Axim X5 (or any other Windows CE device that has an XScale processor) as if it had a StrongArm processor in it.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Downloaded programs can be installed onto the Dell Axim X30 using Microsoft ActiveSync. Microsoft ActiveSync can be installed onto your computer using the Dell Companion CD which came with your Axim X30.
Once Microsoft ActiveSync is set up on your computer, if the program you downloaded came in an installer file, then double-clicking on the file will start the installation wizard and the software will be automatically transferred to the Axim.
If the program you downloaded did not come as an installer file, then double-clicking it will bring up an error message. In that case, use ActiveSync Explore to copy the program file to the Program Files folder on your Axim.
I downloaded the lastest and greatest driver from driverguide.com and now the camera card works in the compact flash slot. Now life can go on as normal. birds will chirp and rain will fall in troubleshooter land because now all has been put right once again, but then again nothing technical works without solving underlying problems so stay alert because nothing lasts forever! OK, stop goofing off and get back to work! 8-)
You have two ways:
1) Install the ActiveSync (Version 4.2 is recommended) PC Software with your PC first Next, you connect your Axim to your PC. Then you install the software or game into your PC. it will also install into your Axim automatically thru Sync process.
2) Or install the software or games into your External SD Memory card thru USB SD Card reader. Then put your sd memory card into your Axim and run the software or game. The 2GB or 4GB SD Card is reccommended since the game or software sometime is huge.
I hope it is help.
Don't know about that software specifically, but of those 3 choices, try the Compaq.
The Axim's processor is backwards compatible with the one in the Compaq.
(Well, it's the same as the one in the LATEST model HP, but usually when you see those three choices, it's to signify the 3 different processors each had. HP's latest model used the same as the Compaq, but their older models didn't..)
Hopefully they aren't checking for specific devices, but just processor type..
Now, there is some software that is written specifically for the Compaq Ipaq because of it's video chipset, but not much.. (Tomb Raider comes to mind)..
Windows mobile does come wth a task manager it's in the settings window under system > memory > running programs. However, this is not a process manager, but Airscanner mobile antivirus pro comes with a good process manager built in as well as a good lot of other stuff as well.
Did you try a soft reset of the device to get rid of it?
You should be ok running any software designed for the ARM processor.
I am unsure myself after looking at this Pocket PC software matrix. Today I use AvantGo in my HP Jornada under PPC2000, but it seems it is not installed in the PPC 2002 software according to this matrix. Maybe there is a download you have to do, or settings for your server access you have to make?
MIPS, SH3, and StrongARM are types of processors used in handheld PCs. Some software requires a specific processor to run. For instance, Microsoft Pocket PC 2002 requires a StrongARM processor. The Jornada 565 has a 206MHz StrongARM processor.
1. Pocket PC is the OS by MS, H/PC is the the old handheld PC, bigger than PDA, smaller than a laptop, Hp made some nice ones. P/PC I thought denoted the Pocket version or PDA instead of handheld. I do not think people use H/pc or P/pc anymore.
2. Back in the orginal days there were 3 processors, MIPS used by casio, SH3 I believe the original Jornadas had it or were they MIPS, ARM is by Intel and Samsung (I think makes it for the 1945 and is what most if not all PDAs use now.