a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
It sounds like you may have a Whirlpool gas range. If so it is more that likely the burner assembly itself. The electrode attached to the burner gets to where it will light during the preheat but then once it starts to cycle the spark module tries three times to light the burner and then shuts down. the burner assembly comes as one unit with the electrode attached.
First thing is to check the burner cap and the area to make sure its clean enough for gas to flow properly. Next turn the switch to see if the electrode is sparking for that burner. If not then either the infinite switch or the spark module are bad
Whirlpool had some grounding issues with some of their electronic ignition ranges. Make sure your outlet is grounded first. Then you might need to make sure the bake burner itself is grounded very good against the range frame. I have put star washers between the burner and frame and tightened very tight, that sometimes helps. Also make sure the holes in the burner under the spark electrode are clear from debris. Sometimes the burning of gas leaves a residue that can stop up the holes and not let the gas flow out where the spark is hitting the burner. Hope that helps.
No, actually each knob has its own switch and any knob will energize the spark module which sparks at all burners. So, just replace the defective switch which slides over the shaft of the gas valve. Careful! unplug the unit, these are 120 volt switches. Good luck.
Sounds like a sticking gas valve or a defective hot surface igniter. Open the broiler drawer or remove the bottom cover in the oven compartment. The oven usually has a hot surface igniter or a spark igniter. Turn on the oven and watch for the hot surface igniter to start glowing. It should glow very bright. Once it is glowing the burner gas should come on. If you hear the gas come on it should light right away. If there is any delay shut off the oven and stay back. Let the gas clear out then inspect the area near the igniter and make sure the burner is not plugged(the little holes may have debris in them). If you turn on the oven and the igniter comes,glows brightly,no gas is heard but you can smell gas it is either a blocked burner orfice/assembly or sticking gas control valve. Try giving the burner and gas control valve a tap and see if it comes on. If you tap the control valve and it starts working then shut of the oven and try it several times. If it starts to come on and off now you may have cleared whatever debris was causing the problem. If it does it again then it could be the control valve or a weak hot surface igniter. The igniter can be tested with a ohm meter. Most of the time when I get this complaint it is the oven control valve that is sticking. Be very careful when doing these procedures....gas can build up in the oven compartment very quicky and flash if ignited. Always have the gas shut off valve at the back of the range within reach and the electrical outlet in case you need to unplug it.
Doubt that the glow plug is bad. Gas only needs about 1100 degree F. to ignite using the glow plug method. It really seems as if there may be no gas getting to the burner. If there is no flame, you should be able to smell gas. If there is no gas smell, then I would look for the obvious such as: is the gas turned on?, Does the gas valve on the unit have a safety that is tripped? and so on. A new gas valve may be in order but make sure that it is receiving the proper voltage when the glow plug is on. Lastly, there may be a safety that is malfunctioning. If the unit does not light within a given time, the safety will "Lock Out" the unit so the place doesn't fill up with gas.
Hope this helps and good luck.
A lot of times the problem is with a dirty or a clogged burner. Make sure the burner is clean. If you have a pilotless model, it uses a spark igniter to ignite the gas, which works in a combination with a spark switch (located on the burner gas valve) and a spark module. Because it is not simple to test these parts and find out which one is defective, we recommend to contact a professional appliance technician.
wait about three days to see if it stops this is typical when you clean one this way as water can get in the ignighter switches if not you have to replace the switches which are on the knob shaft behind the panel and come in sets of four and its not hard