Question about Washing Machines
I have 'inherited' a used Mistral washing machine with no instructions! Help please. It seems that whichever way I set it it simply fills with water whilst emptying at the same time. I guess it has something to do with 'overflow rinse' but even when I set it without any light in this window - it still seems to constantly empty. It does agitate at the same time but if I switch it all off while the drum is full of water it empties .....
Anybody know the solution or where I could get an instruction manual that might help. Any assistance would be very much appreicated. Sue
It pumps, but doesn't spin If your washer pumps out the water but doesn't spin, check these:
* The lid switch may be defective. If it is, the washing machine doesn't spin. The switch is inside the washing machine main housing near the door frame. Often you have to raise or open the top or front of the washing machine to get to the switch. If it's defective, you need to replace it.
* The motor coupler may be broken. Many Whirlpool®-manufactured washers use a small, relatively inexpensive motor coupling. It's plastic and rubber and is mounted to the shaft of the motor on one side, and to the transmission on the other. Over time, the coupler wears out and fails. You may need to replace it.
* A belt may be broken. Many washing machines have one or two belts. If a belt is broken or badly worn, you need to replace it with a genuine belt from the manufacturer. (Some washing machine belts are designed with special characteristics not found in automotive belts.)
* The clutch may be worn. If your washer is a GE, it may use a clutch to come up to the proper spin speed. As the clutch wears out, it may prevent the unit from spinning well or at all. If the clutch is worn, you need to replace it. For this job, you probably want to hire a qualified appliance repair technician.
* The drive motor may be defective. Many washer brands use a reversing motor. For agitation the motor runs in one direction, for spinning and draining, the other. It's possible for a motor to burn out in one direction and continue to operate in the other. If this happens, you need to replace the entire motor.
Posted on Sep 02, 2008
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
for using FixYa. Yes you can use it however, before using it run your washing
machine with only two cups of vinegar in it and make sure it is empty & set
on its hottest temperature setting so that all the smell is gone. Please revert
back for more help.
Dec 24, 2011 | Samsung Washing Machines
Oct 08, 2010 | Fisher and Paykel Washing Machines
Jan 15, 2010 | Thomson Washing Machines
Sep 12, 2008 | Dishwashers
Mar 27, 2008 | Washing Machines
Nov 01, 2007 | Washing Machines
105 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: