Does anyone know if i can access my files on the network while the axim is docked. (Like internet or MSN messenger). Now i don't mean picking up a file and syncing the device...i mean accessing network files via the axim file manager while on the docking station...
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
he audio works but the quality is poor.
disabling the Quality of Service (QoS) Packet scheduler in
your Network Connection properties. QoS reserves 20% of your
bandwidth and disabling this setting may improve audio quality.
Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
Click Network and Internet Connection, and then click Network Connections.
Right-click the network or Internet connection that is currently enabled, and then click Properties.
Clear the QoS Packet Scheduler check box.
If you are still experiencing audio issues within MSN Messenger, and
you have verified that the microphone is working in Sound Recorder,
contact MSN Messenger Support.
The Dell Axim X5 has Microsoft Pocket Outlook pre-installed, so use that instead of MSN Messenger to e-mail. MSN Messenger is just meant for instant messaging. You can fill in your e-mailaddress and server-data, while offline, but to sign in with any of those programs you'll need an internet connection, so you first need to connect to a wireless network, that's in range. If there is no wireless network, you have access to, you'll not be able to use these programs.
What do you mean with a wireless card? Is there no wireless card in the PDA, or don't you have a wireless network? To set up a wireless network, you need a wireless router, or WLAN-router.
For x5, you will need either cf wifi card or sd wifi card. If wifi network hotspot is free and internet access is allowed (check with your college's network administrator for information), all you need is be in the range, turn the wifi on and connect to it (there maybe several security settings you have to do on the axim and these can also be obtained from network admin). For paid hotspot, you will be redirected to enter username and password when you ty to access internet.
When using wireless lan with PPC, there are some experience shere with you.
1. You must do an "Reset" after the first time of installing wireless driver into your DELL AXIM. Otherwise, the driver would not work.
2. Microsoft Pocket PC 2002 only can allow one source to access the internet. It can't access internet via the USB and wireless at the same time. Thus, it is more batter way to leave your AXIM alone instead of insert on cradle when you try to access internet via wireless lan.
3. Some of the wireless's CE driver are based on StrongArm, 206MHz, not PXA250, 400MHz. It will got problem when the wireless try to initiate the link between base station and PPC. Try the following step:
(i) Make sure you have been install the wireless driver.
(ii) Remove your wireless from CF slot.
select "PowerSave" mode and apply it.
(iv) Plug wireless into CF slot
(v) If you can get an dynamic IP or access internet, you can repet step 3, but select "Auto" mode.
Hoping these information can solve your problem.