- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Reset All NOTE: THIS IS AN ADVANCED OPERATION AND RESTORES ALL SETTINGS TO THE FACTORY DEFAULTS. NORMAL USERS ARE NOT RECOMMENDED TO PERFORM THIS OPERATION! If your device freezes up press the Menu button and hold for 15 seconds. This is like a power down of the device. Once you perform the reset, the adjustments you made during last operation will be gone.....IF that doesn't work try to recover...download the update software and install then lock your sansa hold in the rec key on the left at the same time push the menu/power button this will take you to recovery mode then connect to the computer Star the update software if it doesn't start automatic goto /start /all programs /Sandisk/sansa updater/ sansa updater and start it up manually... follow instructions on the updater and the sansa hope this works.... Please rate
Will Windows read it as a flash drive? If so, find a file recovery program like undelete or something, use it to restore your files, then turn on the sansa, then select format( if it is a view) and it will delete all your songs
Hola a todos, les dire que tengo un Sansa e260 y el problema que tiene es que cuando la conecto a la pc la reconoce como USB Device y no la instala y la pantalla se queda en negro, ya tengo su firmware y su rom, solo quiero ver como resetearla o algo.
You could reinstall the firmware (what makes the sansa work). Its pretty easy to do, no need of downloading/installig, its already all in the sansa. You just need a computer
How do I restore the firmware
Firstly, place the e260 in restore mode. To do this, follow these steps
1. Push the Hold button on top of the e260 to the right.
2. Hold in the record button
3. Press and release the Menu button
4. The device will now go into Restore Mode. If you have not already connected the USB cable to your PC, it will direct you to do so.
5. The root directory of the device will open up on the PC screen. Now drag and drop the two files Firmware into into the e260 root directory. You will find a copy of the two firmware files zipped up elsewhere on these forums
6. Push the Hold button on the e260 back to the left
7. Unplug the USB cable from the PC. The e260 will now reboot, writing the new firmware images to the correct location.
8. This process will have wiped all your music files. You will now need to re-synch.