Question about Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
My 360 will not read any discs at all.I put in a game or dvd and it says reading and then just does nothing.Can you help me
Microsoft Xbox have some common problem like red lights, E74 and Disc
Read Error. Microsoft is providing extended warranty for red lights
problem, Means you will have to spend some money in order to get this
problem repaired from Microsoft also you will have to wait for 3-4
weeks to get your Xbox back. There are many reasons disc read error can
occur in your Xbox like your disc might not be clean, laser might also
be dirty and many more common problem. I would suggest you to first
clean out the disc, you are using. If that don't solve the problem you
can also take the help of DIY guide available at Internet. I think you have got good no. of options to get your Xbox repaired, Choice is yours.
Posted on Mar 13, 2009
The lens either need cleaning with a disk cleaner or the lens will need to be replaced.
Posted on Sep 05, 2008
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
The problem is that the laser is either dying out, is dirty, or is not getting enough power.
so try to fix it using these steps...
- first open the 360 and pull out the dvd drive and open it up too.
- clean everything out good with compressed air, and q-tips dipped in alcohol.
- now you need to adjust the power going to the laser.Sometimes you may have to try multiple settings before getting it justright. Just keep adjusting the resistance lower and lower until itworks.
- if you tried multiple settings and still get the errors, then either get a replacement drive, or a new laser for it. Click Here for how to properly install the new laser.
- if you get a replacement drive, please not that there is a key in the pcb of the drive that must match the key from the motherboard, so you must either spoof firmware with the key, or swap out the old pcb board and put it in to the new drive.
If you need more dvd drive repair help click here
Posted on Mar 06, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 05, 2011 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
May 24, 2010 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
May 21, 2010 | Microsoft Fable 2 for Xbox 360
May 18, 2010 | Microsoft Fable 2 for Xbox 360
May 15, 2010 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Pro System Console
Sep 10, 2009 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
Apr 21, 2015 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
73 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!