My Samsung was working just fine the other day. There were 3 bars left and I was listening to music. I put it on Lock and when i unlocked it, the Locked icon appeared on the screen. Ever since, i can't turn my mp3 on because the Locked icon keeps appearing.. Someone help me!!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Sansa MP3 music players, made by SanDisk, are capable of playing files stored in the MP3 file format. One of the features on a Sansa MP3 player is that the screen is lockable. This prevents you from accidentally closing out a music file while listening to it. You can unlock your Sansa by pushing a switch.
Turn the Sansa on.
Locate the "Power" switch. It is on the left side of the Sansa and has an icon of a bar going through a circle. Push it down to put it into the "Locked" position.
Push the "Power" switch up to put the Sansa in the "Unlocked" position.
Ensure the key lock is not activated by sliding
"Power on/off ( )/Hold" towards the center
position. If your player isn’t already on, turn it on by
sliding "Power on/off ( )/Hold" to the left
and holding until the player turns on.
the above memory stick which will turn on but after between 3 to 10
secs it shows either the shut down screen and turns off or just shuts
off any way.. then it will just keep starting and turning off untill i pull the battery out or put the key lock on. ive
rechaged my battery but hasnt improved at all.the only way i can get i
to act noamaly though ( at least briefly ) is to conect to computer and
delete all music stuf and relaod it. but it works fine for a while but
just goes back to square one..
may be ur pc windows has problem....i have also same problem for so many days when i connect it with my pc it doesnt show anything then i changed my windows then i connect it it shows samsung portable device in "my computer"...then enjoy with ur uploading
I have the same problem .. But i found a trick ...When you have a blank screen. 1 you must listen music else press play until you listen it 2. flip the switch on the side to lock position 3. press on buttom the next tune 1-2 seconds 4. you will have a black screen ( you listen the music again) 5. flip the switch on the side to normal position. 6 the screen appear ok now..
7. else repeat ( most time once is ok but sometimes 2 or 3 times)
This Should fix it!
Thank you for contacting SanDisk Technical Support.
We should be able to fix your player. Disconnect the player from the computer if it is connected.
Please copy and paste the following link into your web browser address bar, and then click Go or hit your Enter key. When prompted, choose the option to Save the file to your Desktop.
Once you have downloaded the file, please follow these instructions.
1) Double click on My Computer so that you can see it on your screen.
2) Turn the player off.
3) On the top of the player is a Hold switch, move it to the right (toward the headphone jack) so you see Orange.
4) On the left hand side of the player is a Record button, press and hold it while connecting the player to the computer. Continue holding the Record button until you see a new icon under My Computer called 16MB FORMAT. Once you see that icon you may release the Record button.
5) Double click the file you downloaded earlier and run it. Follow all of the on-screen instructions, and when you get to the prompt where it asks you whether you would like to Format it, choose Yes. Once it is done, click Finish.
6) Disconnect the player and look at the screen. Several things will be displayed, and when you see Key Lock, System Shutdown, move the Hold switch on the top back to the left.
7) Turn the player on and watch the screen. If you see a Refresh Database Fail error, you will need to follow steps 1-7 again until you do not get the error. If it does not work the first time, it could take up to 3 times for it to work.