Question about Dell Axim X5 Pocket PC
All of the documentation says to charge your new battery "at least 4 hours" before using - but on our first unit yesterday, the LED went green after about 2 hours, indicating a full charge. Woulds the green LED not indicate it was OK to fire it up for the first time?? I'd like to be sure as we charge the second one.
Posted by Anonymous on
Full charges for 8 hours as per the instructions are recommended as they condition the battery over the first handful of charges. This maximizes the battery's useful capacity and performance. After the first handful of charges, you can turn it loose to charging as needed.
Posted on Jul 10, 2008
From my experience with battery charging, most high tech electronic devices will charge their batteries at a higher current rate initially, until they reach about 80% charge. From then on, they switch to "trickle charge" to complete the remainder 20% or so. This is the only way to completely fully charge rechargeable batteries in the shortest time without prematurely shortening their lives . My educated guess is that your LED may have turned green in 2 hours, but the system is still trickle charging the batteries and you're still about 20% short of a fully charged battery.
Posted on Sep 13, 2005
My experience was similar to yours. The LED turned green after about only 2 hours. Because I didn't want to stay up until midnight to start playing with my Axim, I took it out of the cradle after the 2 hours and everything was fine. Besides, having downloaded and read the user's guide 2 days before receving my Axim, I knew that a green LED meant it was ready to go. 3 days later, everything is still fine and seems normal. A year ago, I received a Palm with similar initial charging requirements, and it also didn't take as long as the directions said it would.
Posted on Sep 13, 2005
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 27, 2014 | Energizer NiMH Compact AA/AAA Battery...
May 20, 2011 | Garmin Nuvi 255 GPS Receiver
Mar 16, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Sep 21, 2009 | Drills
Jul 19, 2009 | HP Compaq Presario V2000 Notebook
Apr 10, 2009 | Tomtom ONE 125 GPS Receiver
Dec 09, 2008 | GPX MW3837 MP3 Player
154 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!