Question about Microsoft Windows XP Professional for PC
I am Sherlyn and I have the following problem. I use windows XP &
" This program cannot be run under win32 mode." This message is displayed each time when I open any of the installed programs by just double clicking on it. I also cant access the calculator, games & control panel. To open each of these things just by double clicking I get a message " This program cannot be run under win32 mode."
Then I have to right click on the icon and click on "Run as" option then a message "Which user account do you want to use to run this program?" is displaed and I have to select the option "Protect my computer and data from unauthorized program activity" and then click OK.
Can you please tell me why this problem occurs and how to solve it?
You can send the solution to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please do help.
To correct and solve this error, follow this steps:
1. Run Task Manager (Ctrl-Alt-Del or right click on Taskbar)
2. Stop wscript.exe process if available by highlighting the process name and clicking End Process.
3. Then terminate explorer.exe process.
4. In Task Manager, click on File -> New Task (Run…).
5. Type “cmd” (without quotes) into the Open text box and click OK.
6. Type the following command one by one followed by hitting Enter key:
del c:\autorun.* /f /s /q /a
del d:\autorun.* /f /s /q /a
del e:\autorun.* /f /s /q /a
c, d, e each represents drive letters on Windows system. If there are more drives or partitions available, continue to command by altering to other drive letter. Note that you must also clean the autorun files from USB flash drive or portable hard disk as the external drive may also be infected.
7. In Task Manager, click on File -> New Task (Run…).
8. Type “regedit” (without quotes) into the Open text box and click OK.
9. Navigate to the following registry key:
10. Check if the value name and value data for the key is correct (the value data of userint.exe include the path which may be different than C drive, which is also valid, note also the comma which is also needed):
If the value is incorrent, modify it to the valid value data.
Posted on Sep 01, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 24, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Jan 09, 2010 | Dell Computers & Internet
Dec 10, 2009 | Dell Dimension 2400 PC Desktop
Mar 11, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Oct 24, 2008 | Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
May 22, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Jan 07, 2008 | Microsoft Windows XP Professional for PC
Jan 04, 2008 | Microsoft Windows XP Professional for PC
140 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: