An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert who has achieved Level 3.
Re: How do I get the hotsync to sync everytime there is a...
You may be used to PocketPC ActiveSync.
HotSync is an asynchronous synch model - you synch upon demand but not continuously. Pocket PC devices synch all the time while in the cradle. There are advantages to both models.
If you want to synch a Palm OS device, you need to press the button. There are some extra appliactions available on www.palmgear.com that will force your device to synch upon a schdule.
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones). click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Good luck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
What is happening with the Sync? Does your PC and the Palm Desktop Manager recognize your TREO 600? If not, the issue may be that somehow the driver for your device was removed. I would suggest upgrading to the latest version of the Palm Desktop Manager and try plugging in your TREO 600 again and try synching.
You also have to make sure that the setting on the Palm Desktop Manager is the same as the type of cable you are using. If it is a USB cable, have that setting on your PC's Palm Desktop Manager Hotsync settings.
Please try the following:
1. Pop the Software Installation disk that came with your treo into your pc and allow it to autoplay.
2. After the disk begins playing, you will be prompted to choose your language-do so.
3. After a second a new dialog box will appear-Select the option "Change your syncronization method"
4. Select "Use Microsoft Outlook to manage Calendar, contacts, tasks and more.
5. Perform a hotsync
6. Open your versamail and hit the sync button
You may have tried Exchange ActiveSync in VersaMail
When you setup an Exchange ActiveSync account in VersaMail, you are asking your Treo to synchronize email and your calendar with an Exchance 2003 server. In order to prevent duplicates, VersaMail disables Calendar synchronization via HotSync while the account exists on your Treo.
So if you are an Exchange ActiveSync (EAS) user, you have a choice; you either sync wirelessly or you can delete the EAS account in VersaMail and can then sync your Calendar via HotSync. You cannot do both unfortunately.
This is how I got it working. Don't use wireless sync software, someting is definitely buggy with it.
Here is what I did to resolve sync errors:
1. Perform a hard reset on the Palm
2. Go to the Palmone folder on your hard drive (C:\Program Files|PalmOne. Look for the Backup folder. Rename this folder Backup Old.
3. Connect the Treo to your computer.
4. Right click the Hotsync icon in the taskbar and click Custom.
Change the four Outlook conduits (Calendar, Contacts,Tasks,Memos) to Desktop overwrites Handheld.
5. Run a Hotsync with the Treo. It should sync without errors. If you need to install additional applications you can add them now
Try looking at (from the main applications menu) Preferences, then Security. I have a T5, so the operating system is likely different, but there are two passwords there that can be enabled...password and quick unlock. I know if I push the hotsync button on my cable to sync before I unlock the T5, it will prompt me for a password. You can also try making sure you are logged in and have access to your Treo "before" hitting the hotsync button. On the T5, if I'm already on the T5 and hotsync I don't get prompted for a password.
If this is totally off-base due to the differences in the T5 and Treo, I apologize for the confusion.