Question about Nordic Ware 64000 8-Cup Rice Cooker
Here are the instructions that came with the cooker:
Cooking times may vary due to variations in microwave ovens. Adjust cooking times for best results in your oven.
To Cook Rice:
1. Remove basket.
2. Pour 1 cup of uncooked rice into the bottom of the basket, rinse rice thoroughly with cold water.
3. Transfer the rinsed rice from the basket to the bottom of the cooker.
4. Add 1 1/2 cups of water and 1 tsp salt (salt is optional).
5. Secure lid and lock clamps. Open vent holes.
6. Microwave on medium setting (50%) for 10 - 12 minutes (white rice) or 18-20 (brown rice).
7. Remove from microwave, close vent holes and let stand with the lid fastened for 4-5 minutes (the steam continues to cook the rice.)
8. Remove rice from the cooker and fluff with a fork.
Yields: 3 cups of cooked rice or 4 to 6 servings.
Cooking Potatoes and Vegetables:
1. Insert Basket.
2. Pour one cup of water plus 1/4 tsp. salt into the bottom of the cooker.
3. Peel vegetables (if desired), cut into evenly sized pieces and place inside basket.
4. Secure lid and lock clamps. Close vent holes.
5. Microwave on high for 3-4 minutes.
6. Remove from microwave and let stand with lid fastened for 3-4 minutes (the steam continues to cook the vegetables.)
1. Remove basket and lid (lid not used initially for preparing pasta inside the microwave).
2. Pour 2 cups (5 oz.) of uncooked noodles into the bottom of the cooker.
3. Add 2 1/2 cups water.
4. Microwave on high setting 10 minutes, stirring after 5 minutes.
5. Remove from microwave, stir noodles, secure lid and lock clamps. Close vent holes. Let stand for 3-4 minutes.
Posted on Mar 29, 2009
I memorized the rice instructions, plus added my own steps. add 1 cup of rice to the white bowl. rinse rice until water is clear. let soak for 20 minutes. drain into strainer basket put strainer basket into rice cooker add 1.5 cups of water into rice cooker open vent instructions say cook for 12 minutes at 50% power. i do 13 minutes once microwave beeps quickly take out of microwave and close lid. instructions say let stand for 4 minutes to finish cooking. i do 10 minutes cuz sometimes the rice comes out crunchy
Posted on Feb 06, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 30, 2014 | Nordic Ware Rice Cookers & Steamers
on Jul 27, 2010 | Black & Decker RC400 7-Cup Rice Cooker
May 10, 2011 | Zojirushi NS-KCC05 Micom 3-Cup Rice Cooker
Mar 11, 2011 | Panasonic SR-106N 5-Cup Rice Cooker
Nov 06, 2010 | Nordic Ware 64000 8-Cup Rice Cooker
Jan 31, 2010 | Nordic Ware 64000 8-Cup Rice Cooker
Nov 10, 2009 | Wolfgang Puck BDRC0010 10-Cup Rice Cooker
Dec 26, 2007 | Cuisinart CRC-400 4-Cup Rice Cooker
3,612 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: