I am having lots of unrelated problems with my new T5 ... it is very unstable.
1) Every few syncs, most (but not all) of my calendar and contact entries are DOUBLED on both my PDA and my desktop. I have to manually correct this.
2) Syncing seems to randomly set some of my calendar entries to "free" rather than "busy," thus messing up my scheduling.
3) PDA crashes and required resetting very often (several times a day), many times directly after a sync.
4) Syncing seems to randomly add (empty) notes to many calendar entries.
I am having other problems, but these are the main ones associated with syncing. I have installed the T5 update. Any advice?
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert who has achieved Level 3.
Re: Sync Doubling Calendar & Contacts in Outlook 2002
Your t5 is UNSTABLE possibly due syncing to an old username from an old PDA.
To correct this:
-delete manually the doubles (PDS has a tool but none for outlook)
-perform hard reset on your t5
-hotsync - creating a new user name (do not use the old one)
-you will be asked to use the same profile name for the outlook
Then you should be good to go.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I have Outlook 2010 client on my PC. My ISP mail account is forwarded to Outlook via POP3 mail account. I also have a gmail account to which I forward all mail to from my ISP mail address. My gmail calendar is bi-directionally synchronised to my Outlook calendar using 'Google Calendar Sync' and likewise my gmail contacts are bi-directionally synchronised to my Outlook contacts using 'Go Contact Sync'. then it was a simple matter on my Windows Phone 7 to create a Google mail account to my gmail account. I can create contacts, calendar entries in either Outlook, Gmail or my phone and they are all sync'd with each other. 'Google Calendar Sync' and 'Go Contact Sync'' are free downloads.
Double check the Palm or palmOne program in Windows. Click Start then All
Programs then Palm or palmOne. You should see an icon in there called
Sync with Outlook or something similar. Click that icon and the
Outlook conduits will replace those for Palm Desktop. Some conduits,
like Media/Photos will continue to sync with Palm Desktop, but
Calendar, Contacts, Tasks, and Memos will sync to Outlook.
You can sync apple ipad with outlook, there are different ways to do this, I will show you way where you can sync between your Google calendar outlook and your ipad.
Please follow the next steps.
* If you don't have a Google calendar then you can create one here http://www.google.com/calendar/ * Now you'll have to download the Google Calendar Sync, http://www.google.com/support/calendar/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=89955 * Follow Google instructions on How to sync Google calendar with outlook, you'll have to insert your email and some other steps that are details at the link above. * Now it's the ipad turn, from SETTINGS on your iPad select mail then contacts and calendars now select the add account then select Microsoft exchange * Still with the ipad, from within the Microsoft exchange enter your gmail/email address, leave the domain field empty. * Enter your password into the screen. Select next from the upper right corner. A message saying “Unable to Verify Certificate” will come up, Click accept. * A new window, populate the server field with “m.google.com" click next. A new window will ask you to select what will be synchronized from the Exchange server, make your selections and select done.
That's about it now your ipad is synced with outlook through your google calendar.
Hope this will help you with your problem syncing ipad with outlook
I had the same problem, outlook on ipad or syncing ipad with out look is very easy, just follow those few steps, Good luck!!! I'm using iTunes in order to sync ipad and outlook, make sure your itunes is up to date (help ---->"check for updases") .
How to Use iTunes to syncYour iPad With Outlook Calendar.
* Connect your iPad to your laptop or desktop using the cable that you got with the ipad.
* iTunes will launch in the PC automatically.
* You'll need to find the itunes source list, choose "iPhone" and click on "Info" tab and then "Sync Outlook calendars" option.
* Notice in the lower right corner of your screen the "Apply" button. click on it.
Now your computer is synced with the ipad and the outlook!
Only way i could get any sync was first strangling the cat,wrapping its limp body round my neck,then getting two pieces of celery of equal length.Soaking these overnight in a mixture of lemon juice and urine.Drink the juice at 2 minutes past twelve on a full moon,insert the celery where the sun dont shine and whilst hopping on one footand circling the p.c with the iphone balancing on my forehead.First few times no joy then bingo synched right off.
A possible workaround:
I agree that the current synchronising behaviour is not very helpful - especially as it is not very clearly documented - I nearly lost all of my personal calendar data completely!
What I have done for now (and this may not be acceptable to you) is to allow Outlook Calendar to synchronise fully with my TE, but then mark all my personal appointments etc. as 'Private' (tick box in lower right hand corner of details). Tedious, I know, but hopefully will get easier as I go along... It is even possible to set up a 'filter' in Outlook so that the personal data is not displayed [Customise View: Filter / Advanced / Field: Sensitivity = Normal]
All your personal calendar data on the Tungsten will now be marked as private as well, so if you want to hide any 'really' private records on there, you'll have to set Security to lock the handheld on power-off until you enter a password.
Like you, I look forward to Palm resolving this issue by installing 1-way options on their conduits!
I was tring all the possible ways to resolve the issue. At last got a solution for my problem. Hope this will work for you all. Download the "OutlookConduitUpdater.zip" and install. This will resolve the calender "do nothing" while sync.
Click on the hotsync icon in your system tray and then click "custom". That will bring up the list of things you are configured to sync with (conduits). For each of the ones you have problems with, click that conduit and then make sure it's set to sync the way you want...desktop overrides, handheld overrides, syncronize, etc. Potentially you have some of them selected as "do nothing". What shows up when I click custom from hotsync are the following Outlook Conduits: Calendar, Contacts, Tasks and Memos. If you don't have those showing up, you need to update your Outlook conduits on your PC. If you have them, click to select the problem conduit, then click "change" and select what you want to have happen.