When I plug my zen into my computer it doesn't recognize the player at all. Everything used to work before I got my computer's memory wiped and I had to reinstall everything. My computer makes a noise when it recognizes new hardware being plugged into a usb port. Now it makes a weird noise when I attach the zen. The zen, in return, usually turns on and says "docked" when I plug it into my computer. Now it just turns on and won't dock. It's getting low on battery power and I'm worried I'll never be able to use it again.
Re: Creative Zen is not recognized by my computer.
CREATIVE has DISCONTINUED ALL SUPPORT for the NOMAD JUKEBOX ZEN EXTRA. The software and firmware was on their website 6 months ago and they have now removed it. (software for players that are CLOSE in style will not work.)
Apparently they have decided that this first generation player is no longer viable.
My unit is barely hanging in there and after extensive research I discovered that the support materials were removed.
Time to go to an IPOD. The new Creative line sucks. It's been a WONDERFUL 5 years with this underappreciated unit.
Re: Creative Zen is not recognized by my computer.
Support for Creative ZenXtra is still on the site. I downloaded everything today.
Here is a solution from VOTIT that absolutely worked. I can now use my ZenXtra for the first time in a year.
1) Connect the ZenXtra on a computer with Windows XP and Media Player 9 (to do this I had to reinstall the original OS (XP Professional service pack 1) and then upload Media Player 9 from microsoft.com). You need to use a clean OS that has not had a Creative mp3 player like a ZenXtra connected to it before.
2) Make sure you've connected the Xtra via USB.
3) Upgrade Windows Media Player 9 to Windows Media Player 10 (download from microsoft.com)
4) Restart the computer
5) Disconnect and then re-connect the ZenXtra to the computer via USB. Your PC will recognize the ZenXtra, but you still need to install the firmware to get the Zen to actually work.
6) Run the firmware program "ZenXtraP4SAudible_PCFW-LB-2_10_03.exe" (it's available for download at www.creative.com/support)
7) It reinstalls the ZenXtra OS and reboots the ZenXtra. After reboot the ZenXtra user interface is back.
8) reinstall your music files using Creative software or Windows Media Player 10.
That's all folks! Spread the word for all those ZenXtra users out there!!
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
plug your zen into pc usb. then go to start menu, find the folder containing your zen drive. You can copy and plaster or drag and drop your files into your zen here this way. If your pc is not recognizing your zen, then make sure you have the lastest updated driver for zen on your pc. This driver must be installed and up-to-date for your pc to recognize your zen
The recovery tool mentioned above is not designed for the sleek photo. You need to download the firmware for the sleek photo from creative's site. Now we need to get your player recognized to get the firmware loaded. If you have Windows Media Player 11, it needs to be removed. Also remove WMP runtime. After that, restart the pc and your player should be recognized. You can then double click on the firmware program to run it. It might say something like, this firmaware is already installed...do you want to reload it? Click yes to reload.
I had the same problem with my sleek photo. Once I got rid of WMP and the runtime everything worked like a charm.
The first problem is probably a software incompatibility between Creative's software and Windows Media Player version 11. The second problem is possibly a need to replace the battery. 3rd party batteries are about 20 dollars now.
After three months of trying and trying in many computers, following many, many procedures found all over the Internet, my Creative Nomad has accepted the firmware and has borned again.
What I did? 1. Connected the Nomad on a computer with Windows XP and Windows Media Player 9, that never has been touched by a creaive device. It recognizes the device but can´t find any update to the drivers, 2. Updated Windows Media Player 9 to Windows Media Player 10, 3. Restart the computer 4. Connect the Nomad and the computer recognizes the device and autamtically search and found updated MPT drivers. 5. Run the firmware update program "ZenXtraP4SAudible_PCFW_LB_2_10_03 (Creative Zen Xtra PlaysForSure Firmware 2.10.03)" 6. Finally the magic button always has been disabled was enabled so start reloading firmware.
And now the Nomad is working in windows vista.
The difference between the computer where the firmware works and the others is that this has never had media player 10 or 11 and never has installed creative drivers.
Hope this can be useful to smoeone, somewhere, sometime.....
I got my Creative Zen Sleek Photo from a friend and everything I did wouldn't let Windows recognize it, but then I got it to work almost magically.
1. Make sure you have the proper drivers installed for it that come with the CD. If you don't have the CD, you can download the ISO here. http://wp.randyr.net/windows-xp/creative-zen-sleek-photo.html
2. Reboot. When it comes back up, plug the cable into your computer, then into your Sleek. The software should sync up. For some reason, my Zen wasn't being recognized from the usb port on my computer tower, but I plugged it into my monitor's USB port and then it worked. Try that, if none of that works, then it may be a problem with your computer not knowing which driver to assign to your Zen, and if so, try the steps below.
1. Plug your Sleek to your computer.
2. Open up Windows' Device manager (right-click on "My Computer" and
select "Properties". Go to the "Hardware" tab, then click "Device
3. Locate the entry for "Creative Zen Sleek" in your device list. It
should appear either under "Sound, video, and game controllers" or
under "USB Devices". Once you locate the entry, uninstall it.
4. Unplug your Sleek and wait a few seconds.
5. Plug your Sleek back in and allow the "new Hardware Wizard" to identify and install the drivers for it.
I Dropped My Zen Vision M And Cracked The Screen And Bought A New One But Replaced The New ZVM's Hard Drive With My Old One And All I Had to Do Was Restart It For It To Recognize The New Hard Drive And If It Doesnt Recognize It All You Gotta Do Is Put A New One In And Download More Songs xD And If You Need A Disassembly Tutorial Heres A Good Site
If that doesn't fix it trythe USB cable Screen Doesn’t come on anymore http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18859 If your Zen V is dead, wont respond to anything, try this, plug it in to the computer, hold the power switch in the on position, THEN trigger the reset button, worked like a charm for mine, I had thought it a lost cause."
there might still be hope. If you downloaded firmware version 2.11.01 it will not be recognized by creative organizer; you will need to install plugins to make creative organizer recognize it again. Go to www.creative.com/support --> downloads and follow the links to download the plugins. There are 1 or 2 to download.
Do you have windows media player 10? If so then the zen should be recognized in wmp 10 and you can download songs that way.
If you have windows media player 11, you will need to roll back to windows media player 10 for it to be recognized.
NOTE: if you don't use windows media player to sync songs, then just ignore everything I said about it.