What password is needed after the hot sync button pressed on hand hled device ? I am synchronizing with my laptop which uses a wireless connection to our cable modem.
i have tried the passwords i am aware of. I did not create one as far as i know.
I did sync with our main desktop previously so it is already on my hand helds application menu.
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert who has achieved Level 3.
Re: asks for password after Hotsync button pressed ...
Try looking at (from the main applications menu) Preferences, then Security. I have a T5, so the operating system is likely different, but there are two passwords there that can be enabled...password and quick unlock. I know if I push the hotsync button on my cable to sync before I unlock the T5, it will prompt me for a password. You can also try making sure you are logged in and have access to your Treo "before" hitting the hotsync button. On the T5, if I'm already on the T5 and hotsync I don't get prompted for a password.
If this is totally off-base due to the differences in the T5 and Treo, I apologize for the confusion.
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones). click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Good luck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Hi, If you have forgotten your password you should be able to use the password hint to figure out what it is. You can try a soft reset to see if that will clear the password but I am pretty sure this won't help. To do a soft reset use the tip of the stylus or something pointed like a paper clip and inset it in the hole on the back of your palm pilot. This will make the unit reset it's self. If this doesn't help then you must preform a Hard rest to continuing using your hand held. You need to make sure that you have all your information backed up on your computer as a hard reset will erase everything on your hand held. Here are the steps to do a hard reset:
1. Press and hold the power button.
2. While holding the power button, use the tip of the stylus ( or a similar object without a sharp tip) to gently press and release the reset button inside the hole on the back of your handheld.
3. Wait for the Palm Powered logo to appear, and then release the power button.
4. When you see the message that warns you about erasing all of the info on your handheld do one of the following: a) Press UP on the 5 way navigator button on the bottom of your handheld to finish the reset and show the touch screen. b) Press any other button to do a soft reset.
5. When prompted , tap to align the screen, and then set the language you want to use on your handheld. A screen appears showing the Palm logo and a progress bar. From there continue to set up your Palm and then do a hot sync. You should be able to reset a password if you want one. Best wishes....Hope this helps.
After you change the battery you need to do a hard reset. This will erase all the info in your pda so you want to make sure you have it all backed up on the palm desktop To do a hard reset follow these steps:
1. Hold down the power button. 2 While holding down the power button, use the tip of the stylus and inset it into the hole in the back of your pda and gently press and release the reset button in the back of your pda. 3. When you see the message that warns you about erasing all of the info on your hand held select continue. 4. When prompted follow the online directions to align the screen. After that you will want to do another hot sync. Best wishes.
I had the same problem. Obtained no help from Garmin - $200 to repair.
I purchased a $7.00 IRDA (infra red) - USB device; set my Connection to IR - PC and have been able to sync without any problems. However even withupdates I have not been able to get the cradle - PC connection to work. This is not a problem however since I now use the IR connection all the time.
You must touch the screen hot sync logo not the cradle button to start the sync process.
Yes. Look through all of your apps for "Hotsync" when you open this, you will see the normal screen that comes on when you push the hotsync button. touch the hotsync logo button on the screen and it should work. Hope this helps.
If u need to make connectivity between computer and Palm mobie then u need to install hot sync software on ur Pc and activate hotsync option from ur mobile then with cable u can transfer the data . if u not have proper software of hotsync then download it from palm Site.
You may be used to PocketPC ActiveSync.
HotSync is an asynchronous synch model - you synch upon demand but not continuously. Pocket PC devices synch all the time while in the cradle. There are advantages to both models.
If you want to synch a Palm OS device, you need to press the button. There are some extra appliactions available on www.palmgear.com that will force your device to synch upon a schdule.
Hard-reset your Palm to erase all data (that usually involves pushing the small "reset" button on the back, then pressing the "power on" button until the device boots, and then pressing "up" to confirm the hard-reset)
After that, sync your palm. The sync software will ask if you want to use your existing profile or create a new one. Create a new one. Then the program will offer to sync your Outlook profile with your Palm. Click on "ok", and a message asking you to accept to sync your Outlook data with more than one profile will pop-up. Click on OK, again... and that's it!