An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.
Re: Hack wanted to enable multi region
1) Go to the Preference page in the Setup menu 2) Press 1 3 8 9 3 1 on the keypad of the RC. I had to hold each number down for 2 or 3 seconds. 3) Options will be available to be selected. Select 0 using up/down on remote. 4) Player is now region free.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Like many Sony and Panasonic models there is no hack possible on this model as the region coding is specific to the internal hardware.
The only way to do it is with a new main board and that will cost far more than a cheap and easily hackable player such as the excellent Philips DVP5980 with progressive scan, USB input, DivX and HDMI upscaling, still widely available at clearance outlets for under £30.
Sorry to disappoint you but hopefully I've saved you wasting time on further searches.
Sorry, it's not possible. The DVP-FX810 is one of many Sony players where the region coding cannot be hacked without making internal hardware changes. To do so is not cost effective when you can buy perfectly good multi region (or at least hackable players) brand new for £30 including a few Sony models which can be hacked (e.g the excellent DVP5980 with progressive scan, USB input, DivX and HDMI upscaling, still widely available at clearance outlets for under £30).
If you want hackable players avoid Sony and Panasonic unless you have found a model specific hack prior to purchase as many of them have the same limitation.
Sorry there's no fix on this occasion, but I hope that you've found my reply to be of some use. All I ask in return is that you rate my answer.
The screen will show: "Region Code: 2" Press [1-6] to manually set the region OR  for multi-region.
Press [SETUP] to exit
You will now be able to play DVDs from anywhere in the world.
This is particularly useful, because region 1 DVDs from the US often come out when the movies are still in the cinemas over here. Region 1 DVDs can be bought perfectly legally by mail order or from the internet.
Is this a Multi-region Player ?
Some Players are region Set to play Only the region they, are intended For. i.e Region 1 = NTSC( USA ) Region 2 = (PAL ) UK. Region 6 = ( ASIA ) And so on.
If you need a multi-region hack for your player, Post here.
I do charge a Small fee for This service.
1. Press the Menu button on your remote control
2. Press the 5 button on your remote control
3. Press the 7 button on your remote control
4. Press the 5 button on your remote control
5. Press the 3 button on your remote control
6. Press the 8 button on your remote control
7. The currently selected region will be indicated on the TV.
8. Press the 1 button on your remote control for region 1, the 2
button for region 2, and so on, or the 9 button for multi-region
playback 9. Press the Menu button on your remote control
10. Press the Menu button on your remote control
Tested with Region 1 DVD's on my UK player (Region 2 bought from Comet)
I picked up a LG DV276 DVD Player here in Australia but I am from the
United States so I own region 1 DVDs. I unlocked my new player by
instead 1. Open the tray. 2. Press 0 0 0 0 on the remote and a Menu
will appear. 3. Press 0 for region free. 4. Press pause and power off.
I can play everything now, Aussie and US DVDs. Thanks LJ66.