- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
you have to set the router according to your (Internet Service Provider) ISP's informations... What type of connection your ISP is??? PPPOE?? Automatic DHCP??? are you trying to set it up through wireless, you should NEVER setup a router through wireless (ALWAYS perform settings through wired connection)...
You can get the key by going into the setup of the wireless router.
That's where you setup a key, or passphrase, and security options for
anyone else connecting to your wireless network. Sometimes your router
might have a default key on a sticker or in the manual.
Generally you access your wireless routers through the PC that is wired
to your router and for setting it up.
You need to first find out how to login to your router's setup. Often
it can be using your browser going to 192.168.1.1, but it varies router
From there you can get your key information to be used on the other
wireless computers so they can access the wireless network.
Once you have the key, you then go to each wireless computer and go to
your Control Panel, then click Network Connections, then look for any
wireless connection. If your wireless router is working, your other
wireless computers should see the wireless network, then click to
1. Connect the wireless router to your computer with a LAN cable. 2. Start your browser and enter the router's configuration URL 3. Enter the router setup login and password 4. Change the admin password 5. Go to the wireless settings and change the default SSID and turn off SSID broadcast. 6. Setup encryption key the strongest is WAP2 7. For further security measures - turn on MAC address filtering and enter the MAC address of the wireless cards on the computer/s you want to connect to this wireless router. 8. Record the settings you have made and keep it in a safe place and Save the settings. 9. Configure the wireless cards on the computer/s with the SSID and encryption settings of the router. 10. Remove the LAN cable between the router and the computer then the computers should be able to connect to the router.
Your XBOX 360 adapter should automatically be assigned an address by the router's DHCP server. I think you may be having a problem with your wireless configuration. Check the wireless settings on your router to confirm that it is indeed setup for WEP. If it is setup for WEP on bothe the router and the XBOX and the key is typed in correctly on the XBOX it should work. If it still doesn't however, disable the wireless security on your router, then restart your XBOX and see if it will connect without WEP. Many devices will have problems over WEP and not connect at all. If it connects fine with no security enabled then we will know that was the problem and I would sugest changing the security to WPA.
did you setup a wireless network ? if you didnt go to control panal and then wireless network setup icon and follow instructions (select automatically provide network key option) then follow instructions and finish. once you did that, search through wifi on youf phone it should find your WNetwork and then connect and enjoy. if you want to use internet and have an ADSL modem, make sure that the modem is connected to the internet RJ45 plug on your router. and from router to PC.
For this its really not needed to uninstall the software
log in to the router page and look for wireless settings and get the correct ssid and wep, and set the channel to manual and select 9 or 11 channel . if its in manual the connection will be constant always
if not most of the router u will find wireless settings at the back of the router
delete the wireless profile and right click on the wireless and view the available wireless network and get connected if u r using windows to configure the wireless
if ur using the asus utility scan the network and add ur network, delete the previous profiles and wireless key's are case sensitive
Reset your AX by holding a pin or pen tip and count to 20. Plug Airport Express Wait a few minutes
1. Open Airport Utility 2. Manual Setup 3. Airport Icon -> Wireless Mode -> Join a wireless network 4. Network Name -> Enter the SSID of your Linksys router 5. Choose the same wireless security that you are using on your Linksys Router 6. Wireless Password -> Enter the wireless key that is on your Linksys router.
In the Music Icon, you should be able to find "Enable iTunes"
AX will continue to blink for a bit, perhaps a minute, while it searches and connects to the Linksys Router.
the 169 address indicates you're not getting an IP address from the router. I'd start by re-setting the router to defaults. Get it functioning with a wired connection, then do the wireless setup. Make sure the adapter is recognized in Control panel before proceeding with the wireless setup.