An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert who has achieved Level 3.
Re: T5 synco with Outlook except Tasks
Hard rest resolved problem for me.
I just posted yesterday a similar problem with my T3. While everything else was syncing fine, the Tasks from Outlook would not sync. After I posted my question, I (accidently) did a hard reset on my T3. So I set all Outlook conduit settings to 'Desktop overwrite HH' for first hotsync. This somehow corrected the problem with the Tasks, and all outlook tasks appeared on my HH.
All sync's seem to be working fine now.
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones). click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Good luck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
* Click "File," then "Exit" to close Microsoft Outlook.
* Open Windows Explorer. Browse through your file system to where Microsoft Outlook is installed. On a 32-bit Windows system, this will be "c:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office XX," where "XX" is the Office version number. On a 64-bit Windows system, this will be "c:\Program Files (x68)\Microsoft Office\Office XX."
* Double-click "scanpst.exe." Click the "Browse" button and navigate to "c:\users\username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook." Double-click "archive.pst."
* Click "Start." The utility scans your archived PST file and reports any errors or corruption in the file.
* Click "Make Backup of Scanned File Before Repairing" if the Scanpst program finds errors. Click "Repair." Close the confirmation window when the repair is finished.
Double check the Palm or palmOne program in Windows. Click Start then All
Programs then Palm or palmOne. You should see an icon in there called
Sync with Outlook or something similar. Click that icon and the
Outlook conduits will replace those for Palm Desktop. Some conduits,
like Media/Photos will continue to sync with Palm Desktop, but
Calendar, Contacts, Tasks, and Memos will sync to Outlook.
Check the USB and hotsync logs when you next try this. It will show what it did or couldn't do. That should give you an idea why the conduit isn;t talking to outlook. It may be a security setting in windows or outlook or the conduit needs to be setup.
This is how I got it working. Don't use wireless sync software, someting is definitely buggy with it.
Here is what I did to resolve sync errors:
1. Perform a hard reset on the Palm
2. Go to the Palmone folder on your hard drive (C:\Program Files|PalmOne. Look for the Backup folder. Rename this folder Backup Old.
3. Connect the Treo to your computer.
4. Right click the Hotsync icon in the taskbar and click Custom.
Change the four Outlook conduits (Calendar, Contacts,Tasks,Memos) to Desktop overwrites Handheld.
5. Run a Hotsync with the Treo. It should sync without errors. If you need to install additional applications you can add them now
I was having the same problem, and I used Detect and Repair in Outlook. Now all is working fine. You will need the original CD that you installed from.
Hope this helps as none of the other things that I saw on any sites did until I tried this.
what software did you download for your outlook conduits? the installation cd already has the outlook conduits you need.. you just have to install palm desktop first then you'll be given options whether to sync your handheld with palm desktop or with outlook. choose sync with outlook