Question about Palm Treo 650 Handheld
I am trying to sync my new Palm Treo 650 to both my home and work computer. I had been using two separate Palm VII's (one personal, one office) and now I am trying to get everything into one. The sync at home worked fine, but the office computer says the user name is already being used and to try another. But that user name (my name) is what was configured on my home computer, so if I change it, it won't sync at home, right? Help!
Hiya, I manage to sync with both home and work, I upgraded to a Treo 650, and sync'd at home, then deleted my work user, and sync'd at work... and it's worked fine. I'm able to add tasks, events, apps etc either at home or work, and they successfully sync with the other machine. The only issue I've had is once or twice, my photos have doubled up, but that hasn't happened often. hth David
Posted on Apr 05, 2006
SOURCE: Receiving MMS on Treo 650
This device should be compatible with MMS.
I found this thread which might help you set up MMS on your Treo 650. Look at the 2nd entry:
1. Start, Settings, Connections, and then tap the Connections Icon
2. Under "My Work Network" tap Add a New Modem Connection
3. Name it Picture Messaging and under Select a modem select (GPRS,3G)
4. Under Access Point Name type: wap.voicestream.com
5. Username, Password, and Domain is left blank and then click Finish
6. Now, go into Proxy Settings and check "This network connects to the Internet" and check "This network uses a proxy server to connect to the internet"
7. Under the Proxy Server box type: 216.155.165.050
8. Tap the advanced button and tap on the HTTP line. Make sure the HTTP settings shows 216.155.165.050:8080. If not, change it.
9. Click the OK button a few times to get out of the settings completely.
10.Now go to Start, Messaging, Menu, then Options, Advance, then Click Manual, and then the Edit button
11. Message center number +12063130004
12. Email center number is 500
13. MMS gateway address is 216.155.165.050:8080
14. MMS URL is http://188.8.131.52/servlets/mms
15. Finally under Network Profile select: My Work Network and then click ok.
Posted on Dec 13, 2007
BACK UP your Treo 650 software and data BEFORE doing the following.
1. RESET the Treo 650 back to default set by holding power buttom following by reset the treo.
2. There is a way to reset the voltage regulator in the Treo ; believe is by holding the RESET for > 3 seconds. Believe need to take out the battery in out during this process. Can't recalled the correct steps. This could could reset the Treo's power regulator.
3. TRY reinstall your palm software with minimun software or 3rd parties one, this software could be running in the back ground which drain the battery.
Try above steps might help.
Mine also got the same problem last two weeks, my treo could felt there is kind warm sensation if it took out from my waist pouch after leaving it for sometime on the table. BTW, the battery could felt quite warm also.
If yours also behave the same which I believed the Treo got some kind of contact problem which draw more power then usually does.
Now, mine got no more warm sensetion after carry out above steps. It gets better as Compared to last two weeks ago BUT not that good as compared previously when it can last 3~4 days after a full charge.
Posted on Mar 26, 2008
SOURCE: Palm Treo 650 Unlock Code.
do u have a unlock code for your treo 650?can u share me a code so that i can unlock my treo 650 here is my messenger and email account firstname.lastname@example.org i hope you can help me too.
Posted on Aug 16, 2008
Follow the instructions on this link:
Click on this link or copy and paste the complete link into your browser.
If I could be of further assistance, let me know. If this helps or solves the issue, please rate it.
Posted on Jun 22, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 30, 2009 | Palm Treo 650 Handheld
Apr 20, 2008 | Palm Treo 650 Handheld
Jan 27, 2008 | Palm Treo 600 Handheld
Dec 31, 2007 | Palm Treo 680 Smartphone
May 18, 2007 | Palm Treo 650 Handheld
74 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!