Can I HotSync with Outlook on two different computers?
I am running windows xp on both computers. I want to be able to update my treo 650 at work and at home. I know, burning the candles at both ends can cause a fire. ha ha. Anyways, somebody tell me that Palm is far better than my iPAQ, since it did not allow me to synchronize with two computers. Thanks for the help. -A Newbie Treo 650 owner
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert who has achieved Level 3.
Re: Can I HotSync with Outlook on two different...
Yes you can.
I have been doing this with Palm Pilots and Treos since they were originally invented.
In particular I run a great application called Mobipassword that synchronises a password file on both computers.
However for the first time when I converted to a Treo 650 I am having a subtle problem where any information I add on my home computer will synchronise to my Treo, but won't then appear on my work computer. (The reverse works perfectly.)
I have spent literally hours with the PalmOne help desk but they are worse than useless, so I have posted a question on this forum to see if anyone here can help me.
I am sure my problem is something specific to me, so you should have no problem. (I never have in the past.)
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones). click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Good luck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Palm Desktop compatibility with Windows 7 and 64-bit editions
Palm Desktop 6.2 was designed for 32-bit editions of Windows XP and Windows Vista. You may be able to use this software with other versions of Windows. Windows 7: Many users have successfully installed and used Palm Desktop 6.2 with Windows 7. Palm has not done thorough testing with a range of third-party equipment running Windows 7, therefore Palm cannot guarantee compatibility. 64-bit editions of Windows: USB HotSync is not supported. Instead, synchronize through a Bluetooth wireless connection: set up Bluetooth HotSync.
Please try the following:
1. Pop the Software Installation disk that came with your treo into your pc and allow it to autoplay.
2. After the disk begins playing, you will be prompted to choose your language-do so.
3. After a second a new dialog box will appear-Select the option "Change your syncronization method"
4. Select "Use Microsoft Outlook to manage Calendar, contacts, tasks and more.
5. Perform a hotsync
6. Open your versamail and hit the sync button
You may have tried Exchange ActiveSync in VersaMail
When you setup an Exchange ActiveSync account in VersaMail, you are asking your Treo to synchronize email and your calendar with an Exchance 2003 server. In order to prevent duplicates, VersaMail disables Calendar synchronization via HotSync while the account exists on your Treo.
So if you are an Exchange ActiveSync (EAS) user, you have a choice; you either sync wirelessly or you can delete the EAS account in VersaMail and can then sync your Calendar via HotSync. You cannot do both unfortunately.
I was ready to give up completely. Uninstalled, reinstalled, nothing worked.
Here is what I did to resolve sync errors:
1. Perform a hard reset on the Palm
2. Go to the Palmone folder on your hard drive (C:\Program Files|PalmOne. Look for the Backup folder. Rename this folder Backup Old.
3. Connect the Treo to your computer.
4. Right click the Hotsync icon in the taskbar and click Custom.
Change the four Outlook conduits (Calendar, Contacts,Tasks,Memos) to Desktop overwrites Handheld.
5. Run a Hotsync with the Treo. It should sync without errors. If you need to install additional applications you can add them now.
This worked for me. I hope it helps with your errors.
FileZ file utility lets you delete the AddressDB on your Treo
Your best bet would probably be to wipe the Contacts database on your Treo 650, then re-sync.
1. Install FileZ on your Treo 650, Why? Because the Contacts DB is not accessible from the built-in system; you need this extra file manager to delete it.
2. Launch FileZ and find this item: AddressDB.
3. Tap on AddressDB to add a checkmark next to it. Hit Details. Hit Delete.
4. DON'T HOTSYNC YET! Just in case, export your Outlook Contacts and store in a safe place. You'll be syncing to a blank address DB on your 650, and although it shouldn't overwrite your Outlook data wwith the blank DB ... better safe than sorry.
5. Now you can HotSync to Outlook.